Flybarless system - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Old 08-04-2011, 01:49 AM   #11
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Shawn S

Total Props: 19
Re: Flybarless system

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!

BARTMAN, who did you contact with Vstabi? Did you post any of this directly to Mikado on their forums etc? A store persay is not going to do anything much with any product really...

If you felt there was error on the Vbars fault one thing yourself and everyone should know. In 5.0+ Pro there is a "log" this 100% determines if there is any fault of the Vbar. In the case of "ANY" vbar malfunction or microsecond error YOU will 100% know for a fact and there is NO guess work, no other system does this.

If in fact you can supply the file I can help to send this to Mikado people for review etc and see what help can be given. There is a full online support forum as well on Helifreak a fulltime support forum there. Please provide all information and log event file on this matter and you will be taken care of!

Here is HFs dedicated forum on Vbar for full support!

Here is Vstabis direct fulltime support forum:

Here is Mr. Mels step by step Video pages:

There is a ton of support and I am sorry you felt you did not have it or perhaps just did not know it existed??, but I can assure you 100% it is out there and not one issue just gets tossed aside ever!
Once upon a time there were Nitros, Flybars & Frequency pins
My Main OL Photo Gallery:
OICU812 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:56 AM   #12
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Shawn S

Total Props: 19

Originally Posted by bartman View Post
Just reread my post and it is missleading. The RJX head was not on at the time. While hovereing at two feet on super low rates the vbar added full rear uncomanded elevator.It was at a rate that I could not of requested on the low rates. I added full forward to no avail. The company has requested I send it in for testing but I cant see how it will help with the $800 or more dollars to repair the heli. I dont see anthing in my power I could have done in setup of flying to prevent the damage. I feel the fault was the vbar being unable to handle vibration from the gasser. The factory reps OKd the setup file and data log prior to my test flights. I know of others having no issues.

Can you assist in telling me who these reps were?, there are only 3 in North America, I am one of them. In future if you need assistance on such matters or setup help please feel free to PM me I can as well talk to you on phone to assure proper setup etc.
Once upon a time there were Nitros, Flybars & Frequency pins
My Main OL Photo Gallery:
OICU812 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:03 AM   #13
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: Brian C
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 40+

Total Props: 10

I apologise for hi jacking your thread.

Thanks for all the info. Three reasons I decided on Vbar were data log, vibration analysis, and govenor. FBL was just a an added feature. I was more interested in having a less cluttered heli. If it was not for those features I would have gone with Helicomand for bailout feature.I upgraded to 5.1 pro added two new spectrum sats and stator gator. I was unable to get stator gator to work with vbar even as it is a recomended sensor. I sold it at a loss to someone with GV-1 and it is working flawlessly. The vibration analysis seems to work well with electric helis but not with nitro/gas. I tried to use it without blades but the gasser needs the load. It ended up unsafe with the usb cable attached. I thought it was a downloadable feature like the datalog.I had sat framing errors with the heli 10 feet and line of site to at least one sat rx.I ended up buying two new JR sats and it seemed to fix it. I have two or three threads running on vstabi forum. Mr Mel looked over my setup file and gave it the green light early on. He also showed me how to wire stator gator properly (5v not 3.3v) but it nade no difference. Eddi helped with the sat rx problems and sugested I move the vbar sensor. I moved it and added a steel plate to the mount. I went out to do a test on the sats. I spooled up and then downloaded the log, no sat errors. Some vibration med and high errors but no one on vstabi was concerned. First hover (60 seconds) at two feet seem good a litle wandering but I am not sure how it should respond. Second hover (30 seconds) all was the same untill it just pitched rearward very fast (like a 3d backflip) with forward cyclic added no response. It was on such low rates that I could not request that much cyclic. It came down on tail ending up in blade to boom strike. This took out complete tail all components. All, gears,one frame rail,main shaft,spindle shaft,blade grips, and more. Heli ended on one side idleing. The vbar never stopped recording ( files are loaded on vstabi site.) All swash linkages still on and servos /swash still functioning. Eddi talked to Rainer and he wants me to send vbar in for testing. It is just more added cost at this point. I suspect between loss on selling new components (stator gator/sat rx) and parts replacement it will be around $1200+ to get it back to the way it was. The canopy is no longer available and can not be replaced. I also will probably end up selling the vbar at a loss. I just ended up being very frustrating (purchased in Aprill and finally ready to try by Late July) and costly. Not the introduction to flybarless I was looking forward to. I would like to hear your thoughts on it also.

Quote "A word of warning (for my case at least), once you go FBL, there is no going back or you'll never do it again. It's a love it or hate it experience many a time. I love it. "

I think you nailed it at least for me.
Past Prez and Instructor
Edenvale Radio Controlled Aircraft Club
bartman is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-04-2011, 04:25 PM   #14
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Rob

Total Props: 0

I have no problem with the high jack Infact it is good information that i hope helps others in deciding weather or not to go flybarless or not.
What do you mean , I can land upside down
Rob is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:26 PM   #15
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: Vlad K
Radio of choice:
JR X9503
# of RCs: 4

Total Props: 8

i have both Vbar and Microbeast.

Vbar is good BUT more expensive, most likely will require an upgrade from Express to 5.1 Pro if it's a Mini Express version (additional $50), requires a laptop in the field and a whole lot of time to tune properly.

BeastX is also good, easy to setup and change config in the field without a laptop if needed, upgrades are free when they come out. Flies great out of the box with default settings. V3 firmware is coming out soon and test pilots say it's flying similar or better than Vbar.
belcom is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-10-2011, 01:15 PM   #16
RCC Noob
I am: Justin
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 8

Total Props: 0

Originally Posted by rotormonkey13 View Post
I've read too many complaints about the align system to look at one of them personally. I haven't heard a lot of bad about the BeastX aside from the odd complaint about piro consistency.

I have experience with the vbar 4.0, but none with the newer rev. I could never get it working right on a nitro machine - at least not reliably. Still works great on my electric. No complaints on that one at all.

I had an SK360 in my nitro ship long before I put the vbar on, and it was great too. Just no integrated tail gyro, so I decided to vbar it and ended up wishing I hadn't. On that basis, I'd say the SK720 is probably more tolerant to vibes than the vbar. I know the 360 certainly was.

That said, if I were to buy another one right now, I'd probably be the SK720 assuming it was one of my larger helis. If I wanted to fbl my 450 I'd probably go beastx. jmho.

+1 for this. 500 and below stick with a Micro Beast. 500 and up give the SK 720 if it's in your budget. If not stick with a micro Beast.

I haven't flown A Vbar yet so I can't comment on it there. So Far I have flown 3GX (on my 450Sport Now), 3G(sold), Sk720 (Own 3 of them so I'm Biased, 600 pro, 500 ESP, 450 Pro) and Micro Beast (Passed along to a friend) and he loves it.

New 3GX isn't that bad either to be honest. But for cost and ease of use Micro Beast all the way.
newfiejudd is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.