Old 08-23-2011, 08:03 AM   #11
RCC Apprentice
I am: Dave M
Radio of choice:
Futaba 9CH
# of RCs: 7

Total Props: 0
Re: lipos in canada

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I wish you the best on your lipo order from HobbyKing. I currently have some lipos ordered, and it has turned out to be one of the most frustrating things I have done in a long time. I ordered on July 30 with EMS shipping, and according to tracking, the parcel was finally loaded on a plane yesterday(Aug 22), after sitting 4 days at the postal facility. Total shipping time was stated as 5-7 days,which on past orders has been true. I haven't ordered lipos for quite awhile, so I don't know if it's because of the lipos or HobbyKing didn't ship it EMS. Not sure how find out. Anyway, god luck with your order and please let us know how it goes.
NEWS FLASH Just as I was typing my name, the doorbell rang it was the postman with my parcel!!One heck of a fast plane.
DAVE62278 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:26 AM   #12
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: Darrell B
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 1

So you received your order within 17 days.....that is reasonable considering where it came from, and also average. Nothing to complain about.
Ever see the ads on buy now tv shopping? 4-6 weeks delivery with the CONUS, so why does everyone complain about 2 - 21/2 weeks from HK?

The EMS order is no faster, its an alternate venue for shipping lipos since there are now Hong Kong postal restrictions on shipping battery's.
Xanadu is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:12 PM   #13
RCC Apprentice
I am: Dave M
Radio of choice:
Futaba 9CH
# of RCs: 7

Total Props: 0

No, it took 23 days, not 17. EMS shipping on my previous orders always had the parcel at my door in 7-8 days, depending on how long it sat in Canadian Customs. This order was no different as far as shipping time and did ship EMS.(2-4 transit time) A friend and myself combine our orders and split the cost of EMS, comparable to ordering separately with air parcel shipping. The problem is with HK taking 16 days to get my order out the door when they still have 48hrs posted.
DAVE62278 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-29-2011, 02:37 PM   #14
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Bobby
Radio of choice:
JR11x/JRx9503/Futaba 8 UHPS
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 1

Your cheapest option will be HK if you are willing to wait and not get frustrated from the shipping time.
Hobbypartz are more expensive (I bought Gen Ace 3s batteries for $16.7 each, these are now over $20 but will probably drop again).
The Blue LiPo's are cheaper but the reviews are not the best for these batteries.
As for Great Hobbies the 3S 35C ones are $30 each and measured on a 15 size motor there is no difference between these and the Gen Ace (did not compare to the HK ones). I had two batteries from Great Planes that had inflated but could be a unique issue, the problem is that they are double the price, the shipping is not faster then the one from the US and you have to add HST I am not sure if you end up with a good deal.
bobmic is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:24 PM   #15
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Rob B

Total Props: 4

Has anyone tried Sky Lipos from HobbyPartz? Price is comparable to HK & shipping is only $10 with 5 - 8 day delivery to Ontario promised.

rbwater is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:23 AM   #16
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: eric q
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: too

Total Props: 26

Originally Posted by Xanadu View Post
Lipo's from HK have been taking about 2-1/2 weeks. Not HK problem, its Canada Customs that are holding it up.
Hobbypartz took just as long, due to customs.
Last ones I ordered were in customs for 45 minutes, Canada Post three days (from Montreal), a week from Zurich, and a week from Singapore.

I find it difficult to blame Canada Customs, maybe HKPost for refusing LiPo batteries?
desiderantes meliorem patriam
To err is human, to moo is bovine
moo is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.