Budget Glider Towing - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Sailplanes / Electro-gliders Discuss quiet flight in Canada.

Old 08-20-2011, 07:15 AM   #21
I am: Cedric V.

Total Props: 1
Re: Budget Glider Towing

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I'm very enthusiastic about electrics and I was tickled at what I saw!
About equally between electrics and gliders! I know the OLYII.
To paraphrase the old song "anything yours can do, my electric can do better - mine can do everything better than yours!" And cleaner.
(Apologies to Irving Berlin!)
Spitball is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:29 PM   #22
RCC Contributor
I am: Ron H.
Radio of choice:

Total Props: 7

What's with the outfit
was ron being super man for the day lol !
You guys like my cool threads eh??? That my friends is the very latest in flying field fashion!!! Designed by the world famous clothing designer, Mrs. Neccessity, who incidentally is also the Mother of Inventions That nice red "body warmer" also double as a "wrap-it-up" style wing carrying bag

In reality, we went and left Fort St. John for our little holiday, and we all completely forgot to grab jackets. We didn't have any for me, the missus, or any of our 3 boys!!! Oh well, that day was the only cold day on our whole trip, so it all worked out well.

As far as the glider towing goes, way to much fun!! The very first time we tried it, we were being coached by an old Full size glider and towplane pilot....my Dad We applied his experience to what we were doing, and away we went. So far, we haven't wrecked anything yet (been close a few times while we ironed out the wrinkles), and what a lot of fun.
stardustertoo is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-27-2011, 05:16 PM   #23
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56

Check, to see if this thread is actually workin'.
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:26 PM   #24
RCC Supreme Contributor
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 13

Total Props: 58

I hear that the November issue of Fly RC has an article on this very subject!

Have hear bits of the contents & it sounds like pretty much the same thing as we have been doing for the last 15 years!

Gotta get me that issue & have a look!
Hang time does not apply to ceiling fans, light fixtures, overhead door tracks or basketball nets!
OLD PRAIRIE RED NECK is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.