Foam Safe Spray Paint? - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electric Flight Discuss Electric Flight in Canada

Old 08-27-2011, 03:10 PM   #11
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Jonathan M
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 20+

Total Props: 8
Re: Foam Safe Spray Paint?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Thanks for all the good info guys.
Vintage Mini owner/lover
Better To Be divided by TRUTH, Than United In Error.

Elgin Flyers, St. Thomas, Ontario
smoknrv4 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:32 PM   #12
RCC Apprentice
I am: Erwin M
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8

Total Props: 0

Originally Posted by ddruck View Post
Usually the packing foam is not the same as the plane. Parkzone and Multiplex, E-Flite, I had no issues with, Chinese off brands is a crap shoot and have to test a piece. On some, only water base paint works, but not much is available in spray, guys thin down the craft paints and use air brush on many depron foamies. Brush on pains work but are extremely heavy, like the latex based. Try to Google painting you particular plane or search RC Groups, usually someone already tried it.
Thanks for confirming this. I wanted a newly painted plane and not an invisible one... I figured I would be having a hard time with orientation with the latter
DigitalMississauga is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:37 AM   #13
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Gord C

Total Props: 7

The Testors and Tamya made for plastic work very well. Light weight and very good coverage. Usually one coat dows the job.
Tried for my kamikazi pilots licence. Flunked the test.
MAAC 5276
Flypaper is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:53 PM   #14
RCC Contributor
I am: Rich H

Total Props: 2

I've found Tamiya and Testors to be the best on any foam, but expense can be an issue for some. if it's a military plane, you are better to by these brands, because they colour match to ALL military paint schemes. for me, it's worth the extra money, since you can spray thin and still get the best coverage for your buck. you may pay less for cheaper stuff, but you end up laying more paint down. with Tamiya and Testors, I only spray till it just covers and it's enough. I swear by the stuff.

LuvEvolution7 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.