|09-01-2011, 12:33 PM||#1|
I am: Mike T
Join Date: Jan 2005
Feedback: 1 / 100%
Total Props: 0
Electric Fun Fly and Night Fun Fly at Ottawa Remote Control Club on Saturday Sept 3rd
Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
ORCC Electric Fun Fly Saturday Sept 3rd 2011 in Ottawa
The Ottawa Remote Control Club's annual Electric Fun Fly will be held at Drummond Field on Saturday Sept 3rd 2011 from 9AM til 3PM. There is a landing fee of $5 and a lunch is available for another $5. Open flying starts at 9AM following the pilots' safety briefing. Camping is available on site for tents through to RVs however there are no hook-ups. All types of electric airplanes, EDFs, helicopters and autogyros are welcome. Come and join us for a relaxing day of fun and flying with your ORCC friends. There wiil be a nice raffle and door prizes thanks to our generous sponsors. For further information and a map to the field visit the club's website www.ottawarcclub.ca For directions to get this flying field, go to http://www.ottawarcclub.ca/drummondfield.htm and click on the link for Drummond Field. Please read over the safety rules for details of the no-fly zones. We look forward to seeing you there.
Between 3:00 PM and 7:00 PM there will be free flying at the field.
** BBQ at 6PM
A delicious BBQ will be served at 6:00 PM. Please RSVP so that Paul will know how many people to cook for!
ORCC Night Flying Event Saturday September 3rd 2011 in Ottawa
The ORCC will be holding its annual Night Flying Event on Saturday September 3rd 2011 at Drummond Field. The time is from 7:00 PM until 10:00 PM. The event will begin with the pilot's safety briefing at 7:00 PM. The landing fee will be $5 and hot chocolate or coffee will be available.
- Only self-illuminated, electric powered, slow flying airplanes and helicopters will be permitted.
- High performance or fast-flying airplanes will not be permitted.
- Your aircraft will need to be illuminated such that its outline can be easily seen at all attitudes.
- Blinking lights are not allowed as the primary illumination. (However, some blinking secondary lights are allowed)
- The event director has the right to refuse any aircraft that is not adequate for the event.
- During the first part of the evening, all pilots will be required to pass a flight test to earn their night flying wings.
- Valid MAAC or AMA membership must be shown.
Hope to see you at the event.
For directions on how to find the flying site, go to the club website
and click on the link for a google map.
With lots of practice, you can make it look easy.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|NIPMAC 3rd Electric Fun Fly - Aug 08/09||Jerzy||Events||0||08-04-2009 06:52 PM|
|HCRCC (saskatoon R/c Club) Fun Fly june 1,2 & 3rd||Flyboy76||Fixed Wing||6||06-02-2007 09:16 PM|
|Aug 12th Ottawa RC Club 50th Anniversary Fun-Fly||cgroves||Events||0||08-08-2006 08:59 AM|
|Woodstock Radio Control Flying Club Fun Fly||srpvw||Events||11||08-08-2004 07:17 AM|
|HURONIA RADIO CONTROL CLUB FUN FLY||crash||Events||14||04-12-2003 10:57 PM|