Slo Bee dollar store Biplane - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electric Flight Discuss Electric Flight in Canada

Old 12-30-2011, 02:06 AM   #21
RCC Master Contributor
I am: a Scratch Builder
Radio of choice:
JR 9503 & DX7
# of RCs: 50+

Total Props: 6
Re: Slo Bee dollar store Biplane

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Originally Posted by east6008 View Post
There are variations, some pieces have no paper, if thats what you want,
others have paper that WONT peel off without a lot of hassle.
Before buying, check that you can get the paper started peeling easily.
Hi East6008

Don't know how I missed this thread but you built a nice biplane.
I have built a number of indoor planes with the readiboard. I have gone now to epp as it is more durable impacting with floors, walls and ceilings.
One of the tricks to remove the paper covering easily, is to soak the foam in water and let dry and the paper usually peals off in one piece. I have a feeling that the readiboard you are buying has been damp at some point and the glue has released.
I don't soak the whole sheet as I used the paper to draw on. I cut out the pieces to the plane and then soak them in the sink or bathtub. Long enough to make sure the paper is completely soaked through. Let the paper completely dry out and peel it off.
There are a few trick you can do with this foam. I'll see if I can find some pics of the various planes I built with readiboard.

If you want awesome, you have to scratch build it!
Tomahawk is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.