Battle of Britian Day in Ottawa - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Old 09-20-2011, 06:27 PM   #1
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Bill Brisson
Radio of choice:
JR and Spectrum
# of RCs: 25

Total Props: 5
Battle of Britian Day in Ottawa

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I have to tell you about my was "Family Day" at CFB Petawawa, and my nephew is a Capt. in the air force and flys the Griffon for 427 Sqdn so I made the trip from Dryden (tho other end of the province!) to go for a ride.
The Sqdn had a hanger set up for the familys of the 427 and I got to go for a couple rides in the Griffon and even got to go "tactical" skimming along at a few feet above the Ottawa river dodging islands and having a blast.
If that wasn't enough, my nephew and I had planned a day trip to the Air and Space museum for sunday. We arrived at the museum just as the Battle of Britian service was begining! The air command band was there, the General in command of the Air Force, Peter Mckay (Minister of Defence) and dignitaries from Britian, Australia, Poland Germany and more to lay wreaths for the service men killed in the battle.
Then the Lank from Hamilton does a fly past with a Spitfire and a Hurricane on one wing and a Mustang and a P40 on the other! followed by a C130j Herc and a pair of CF18's (or as my nephew calls them "twin tailed plastic f@g jets" LOL) Heli guys eh?

after the events we took the tour of the museums, and went for a ride in a 1937 Waco biplane!
all in all it was a pretty good weekend!

Thanks to my Nephew and all the folks at 427 Lion Sqdn for a great time!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 061sm.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	119779   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 056sm.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	119780  
Bill......AKA "WW"
MAAC 46039
WOW 2000 POSTS...WOW...I need a hobby...wait...I have a hobby!
canadianf1pilot is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:35 PM   #2
Glenn Nigh
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: Glenn N
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 7
Re: Battle of Britian Day in Ottawa

I wondered where the Lancaster had been. It flew over the British Car Day event at Bronte park , Burlington/Oakville. I had my Morgan out for the day. When we saw the Lanc. I said , now we can go home. A great weekend.
Glenn Nigh is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.