RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electric RC Car and Truck Discussion Discuss electric RC vehicles

Old 09-27-2011, 08:24 PM   #1
RCC Noob
I am: nolan sheardown
# of RCs: 1

Total Props: 0
Help on counter steering

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
hey everyone i have a hpi spring 2 drift and i would like to know how to use counter steering, im new to rc cars and drifting, i just would like to know the parts i would need and any modifications i would have to do. thanks
nolan is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:50 PM   #2
RCC Noob
I am: David L
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 4

Total Props: 1
Re: Help on counter steering

If your new to rcs you probably want to hold off on the countersteer for awhile, It makes the car much harder to control and will probably leave you frustrated and giving up. Start off by getting real good at drifting your car the way it is. I would personally also lock both diffs but you might just want to start out with just the rear. There is a bunch of ways to do it some permanant some reversible, most are cheap unless you want to pay for the official diff locker part.

If your still hell bent on doing a countersteer mod then have at it.
heres a how to.
Daveo is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:08 PM   #3
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Will P
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 15

Agreed, if you overdrive the rears it will never want to drive straight at all. IMO, pack the rear diff with too much grease to start. That'll all but totally lock it, and is 100% reversible.

I find my TT-01ED will slide VERY easily on all surfaces without any extreme measures at all. Running the stock motor/esc, 2s lipo pack and not a lot of camber at all 4 corners (probably about -2* tops). I built the rear diff with too much grease (accidentally, first gear diff I've built in like 20 years the rest have all been ball diffs) but it worked out well as it works like it's locked.
Pico Tiger Moth | Formosa | PZ Extra 300 | Sbach AS3X | UMX Habu | um P51 | UMX AS3Xtra | mCPX | Phantom 3 Pro | Blade nano qx FPV | Indy 250 FPV Racer | XXT | 22T | TT-01D M3
wparsons is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:32 PM   #4
RCC Apprentice
I am: jamin b
Radio of choice:
futaba 3pm-x
# of RCs: 12

i just locked the rear on my sprint 2 drift and run it as 50/50 drift. i have a x-ray t2'008 eu edition that i counter-steer. 50/50 and CS are different and you would have to relearn how to drive the car if you changed from 50/50 to CS anyway. i was pretty fresh into drift when i build my CS car. CS is slower, but looks more like 1:1 drifting.

Last edited by SmokeScream; 10-17-2011 at 10:40 AM.
SmokeScream is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.