Indian Summer EDF flying Thanksgiving! - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electric Jets Discuss electric jets in Canada.

Old 10-11-2011, 07:54 AM   #1
ken park
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Ken Park

Total Props: 7
Indian Summer EDF flying Thanksgiving!

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Holly cow!

We've had 4 FANtastic sunny days of flying in the Ottawa area with temps getting up to a record 29 degrees on Saturday. I got out Sat/Sun and Monday too fly my SAPAC L39. The jet is still fairly new to me and getting the flaps dialed in have been my biggest issue.

Monday I reduced the throw and now have them at a max 30degree down. The flaps and elevator down trim are mixed so it won't balloon. The flight on Monday was in a slight crosswind. The flight went exactly as planned. I flew around and then dropped the gear and flaps. The model speed and sink rate was so nice it greased itself onto the runway and ran the length of the Rideau Flyers paved runway. I've got about 12 flights on the SAPAC L39 I finally feel I've got it dialed in like goldielocks! just right! With a 4S 4000 Rino pack I get about 4-5min.

Long live Indain Summer guys
Not Happy? - Form your own Jet club "OVJ"
ken park is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:02 AM   #2
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★
I am: Max P.
Radio of choice:
JR and Spektrum

Total Props: 149
Re: Indian Summer EDF flying Thanksgiving!

Nice work, Ken! Looks like you got that puppy nicely dialed in

Originally Posted by ken park View Post

Long live Indain Summer guys
It certainly was!! I hope everyone took advantage of this great weekend we got down here
RC Test Pilot; FPV Instructor, Airplane Instructor; Helicopter Instructor

My Aircraft Albums:

Last Photo added: Dec 15; Warwing Foamy for FPV
Max is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.