RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electric Flight Discuss Electric Flight in Canada

Old 10-22-2011, 10:15 AM   #1
RCC Apprentice
I am: chris
# of RCs: 4

Total Props: 0
Super Cub DSM RTF

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hey everyone! New here..

I purchased a Super cub DSM RTF... It seems to be losing signal about 75 Meters in the air, I have the DX4i Transmitter... I thought it was my RX 100% so I contacted Horzion Hobby and I have to admit there costomer service is amazing and the sent me a new reciever. Long and behold I go out this morning, and everything seems fine, but then I get a little bit of a distance away and she just loses all signal and plumits to the ground...

I was wondering if there is any idea's that anyone has on why this is happening?

I know it's not Pilot error.. I had an experienced Pilot fly and it lost signal on him...
Gofaster is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-22-2011, 05:10 PM   #2
I am: Philip A

Total Props: 15
Re: Super Cub DSM RTF

It could well be a problem with the TX. Either a bad antenna connection or even something as simple as batteries that are low.

The DX4e does have a range check feature. Did you test it?

Spektrum DX4e Manual - Range Check - Page 11

If the range check passes, then have someone (a friend perhaps), bind the SC to their Spektrum radio (DX6i, DX7, DX8, etc) and try a range check again. If it passes, then you know for sure it's your transmitter and not the plane.

DO NOT fly the plane until you resolve this issue. A loss of control could cause damage to property or person(s).
philipa_240sx is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-22-2011, 07:47 PM   #3
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: Kevin Drayson
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: n+1

Total Props: 7

Couple other things to consider: did you have ACT on at the time? If so, was it a cloudy day, or were you flying over relatively light-coloured ground (like bare, dry dirt)?

ACT works by comparing light levels above & below the plane. Certain conditions can "confuse" it and cause the plane to crash.
CF105 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:20 AM   #4
RCC Apprentice
I am: chris
# of RCs: 4

Total Props: 0

Thanks for your help so far guys!

I've done re range test mode(and I do before every flight) I usually get about 30ish feet before I lose complete signal...

As for the auto crash technology- that was disconnected te day I bought the plane.

I am going to bind my transmitter my new UMX sbach 342 and do a rand test with that and see what happens... I won't be flying this plane for a year or so till I feel confident enough in my skill. I also have a bixler sitting in Canadian costums now for 20 days, I just really want fly something right now!

Gofaster is offline   Quick reply to this message.

super cub signal problem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.