People selling JRs and Spectrum radios - Page 5 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electronics Discuss radios, chargers, etc...

Old 11-25-2011, 09:54 AM   #41
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Carl F
Radio of choice:
Futaba 7C 2.4
# of RCs: 8+

Total Props: 10
Re: People selling JRs and Spectrum radios

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Originally Posted by JimMcIntyre View Post
Junk? Did we read the same article?

Compared to PPM, DSM2 is far from junk, how quickly we jump on the fanboy wagon. People have been blaming radios for their own dumb thumbs/poor maintenance, lack of understanding brown out etc. since we wound our first escapement rubber bands....

My experience (and that of many others) is that DSM2 is far superior to the last generation of PPM, and fully expect the next generation to leap this now comparatively older technology.

Having spent many weekends at large events, I see more DX7s than all other radios combined ... haven't seen any crashes attributed to radio failure. I can't say the same from pre DSM2 days.... I've been flying DSM2 for several years now and plan to convert my old 1/4 Tigermoth (currently PCM) to DSM2 ... I didn't make that decision lightly.

First of all, yes we read the same article, and secondly, I am not jumping on any fanboy wagon, I am simply stating MY OPINION from my experience and from reading about these radio systems before I drop some coin on 2.4.

From the article, if you would like to read it again, in the footnote section, granted he didnt say "junk" he said 'crap".

Well I'm sorry to disappoint but I simply call a spade a spade. DSM2 *is* past it's best-by date and is no longer suitable for noisy environments but DSMX is an excellent replacement.

Surely, the very fact that DSMX even exists is proof that there was some truth to my criticisms. If DSM2 was without fault, why replace it?

Despite what has been claimed, I have no agenda, I'm not on the payroll of any other manufacturer and I don't have a grudge against Spektrum.

I'm just following the policy I've always held: When something is good, I'll tell people and, when it's crap, I'll tell them that too. Plain and simple!

End quote.
Gravity has a nasty way of reminding you it's a law. Usually when your screaming inverted two feet off the runway....
OntAeronut is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 11-25-2011, 10:02 AM   #42
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Gord C

Total Props: 7
Re: People selling JRs and Spectrum radios

Same take on it here. That was just one mans opinion with not a lot of respect in many corners. I had the DX7 when they first came out and flew it about 4 yrs without a glitch. Sold it to another club member when the DX8 came out. I bought one of the first DX8s that came out with all the teething problems. Had to send it in and bought another used DX7 off one of the other club members to use in the interim. Got a new updated DX8 trans, thanks to Leading Edge Hobbys here in Kingston. The DX8 is working great but I'll keep the DX7 for a foolproof backup.
Tried for my kamikazi pilots licence. Flunked the test.
MAAC 5276
Flypaper is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.