airtronics buddy box ??? - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electronics Discuss radios, chargers, etc...

Old 11-02-2011, 08:11 AM   #1
alex marks
RCC Apprentice
I am: alex m
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 3

Total Props: 0
airtronics buddy box ???

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
i have a airtronics vg 600 fm system
can i use a sepratr regular controller for a buddy box ?
or do i need a actual buddy box?

thanks ale marks
alex marks is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:53 AM   #2
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★
I am: Max P.
Radio of choice:
JR and Spektrum

Total Props: 149
Re: airtronics buddy box ???

Originally Posted by alex marks View Post
i have a airtronics vg 600 fm system
can i use a sepratr regular controller for a buddy box ?
or do i need a actual buddy box?

thanks ale marks
You should be able to use a separate controller for the buddy box, as long as it is compatible with your VG600 system, and you have a proper buddy box cable that will connect the 2 radios.

IE- Any JR or Spektrum radio with a buddy box port will connect to any other JR or Specktrum radio that also has a buddy box port.

Same goes for Futaba. But they have used 2 different types of buddy box ports in the last decade. The old "Round" port, an the new "square" port.
As an instructor, in addition to having a more commonly used "square-to-square" cable, I also keep a "round-to-square" buddy cable in my car in case I come across a student with an older Futaba radio.

In your case, you need to make sure you know what type of cable you need between your existing transmitter and the one you chose to use as a buddy box. But I can pretty much assure you that it will have to be Airtronics for both radios.

(FYI- I have seen "JR to Futaba" adapters, and maybe there is such a thing as "Airtronics to JR" or "Airtronics to Futaba" adapters, but my experience with them in the past has been less than stellar. I find it is easier to use 2 radios of the same brand when buddy boxing. JMO)
RC Test Pilot; FPV Instructor, Airplane Instructor; Helicopter Instructor

My Aircraft Albums:

Last Photo added: Dec 15; Warwing Foamy for FPV
Max is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.