heli newbie jumped in 2 feet need help - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Old 11-15-2011, 08:39 AM   #1
RCC Apprentice

Total Props: 0
heli newbie jumped in 2 feet need help

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Ok I purchased 3 helis at the london swap yes your right one was not enough. started by a good deal on a blade cxpro (I think thats it) that needed the tail suport changed but parts were included. then I found a blade sr in a box complete with a pile of parts. and last but not least i ened up with a heli max cx micro twin blade. the last I figured i could fly inside and use to learn on.

what I would like to know is what things should I be checking on these units to ensure my atemps at flying are not hampered by something broken on these units (I'm sure I will have a few broken parts)

also I'm looking for info on a sim cable and simulators I'm told are out there for learning nothing fancy just enought to be able to fly
skinny is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:18 AM   #2
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: Joe Smith (I swear)
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 11
Re: heli newbie jumped in 2 feet need help

You need to check EVERYTHING. Cracked main frames, loctite where it should be, bent shafts, feathering spindles, screws all tight, seesaws not broken, mixing arms in right directions, blade grips facing the right way there's a million things that could be wrong with a second hand heli. Best thing you can do is find somebody locally who's into helis and have them give them a full visual inspection once you think they're ready to go.

It's been my experience that second hand helis (especially the small ones) almost always have all kinds of stuff wrong with them. Usually not due to malicious intent, but just because the previous owner who was probably just trying helis out didn't know better.

If you want to be assured of success that's you're only viable option imo. Otherwise you can just wing it and see what happens trusting in the expertise of the last owner. There's just too many things to go over with a new heli to type it all up so it'll be understandable on a forum.

Really I'm not trying to be a jerk, or discourage you in any way. I honestly believe your best bet at success and having fun with these things is to hit a club, and try to find somebody to mentor you or at least get you started. Good luck!
uʍop ǝpısdn ʇı op sʎnƃ ılǝɥ
rotormonkey13 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-15-2011, 11:28 AM   #3
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Chang P
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 50+

Total Props: 50
Re: heli newbie jumped in 2 feet need help

+1 on what rotor wrote, helis are just so complicated that there are a ton of things to check.

The first heli sounds like a cp pro... very difficult heli to fly... not a good choice as a first heli as you'll spend more time crashing and fixing than flying. as a beginner you want something simple and durable enough that you maximize flying time.
Helicopters: Walkera(10?), Esky(3), Blade(5), Align(7), Miniature Aircraft(2), Hirobo(2), Mikado(2), Century(3), Thunder Tiger(4), Gaui (5).
Trucks/Cars: Tamiya(8 ), Traxxas(6), HPI(1), Losi(2), Ofna(2), Thunder Tiger(2), Hot Bodies(1), Axial (1).
Boats: 4
Snowcat: 1 Kyosho Blizzard (electric)
Snowmobiles: 2 x Polaris (toy grade), art attack electric
waylander is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.