What Do You Do for Work/Job? - Page 7 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Old 01-01-2012, 12:35 AM   #61
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: brodie h
Radio of choice:
Graupner mz 24
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 17
Talking Re: What Do You Do for Work/Job?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Originally Posted by pipercub17 View Post
just seen a thread like this on FG

i started out as a industrial painter for 5 years then moved on to house painting and drywall finishing .
ran my own company for the past few
and have been having problems bidding with all the compatition
this year i have decided on a new career change i always said i would never work in oil and gas but......
i have taken a job as a oil services operator coil tubing and fracking starting in the new year .

so What Do You ALL DO FOR WORK/JOB !

welcome to the dark side john hahahahaha

started working at dairy queen and swiss chalet (lololol i know i know) moved to alberta from pei in 2001 to start work on the service rigs for precision well servicing been here for 11 years now same company drilling for 7 long long years lol
"Trout Farm Flyers"

North Star Laser And Vinyl Works
MAAC # 83720

bhughes is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-01-2012, 12:44 AM   #62
Gary Maker
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Gary M.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 7

Total Props: 9
Re: What Do You Do for Work/Job?

As my dad use to call it, I'm pretty much a Jack of all Trades, Mastering None!

I worked for a number of years as an industrial mechanic and then moved on to become a class A Mining mechanic for a few years working underground in a mine in Northern Ontario where I eventually became the underground forman (shift boss) for the mechanic crew.

After a very serious accident, I moved back to Southern Ontario and got a job working at a small truck trailer manufacturing plant as the shop forman. Eventually my injuries required two major spinal surgeries and I became disabled.

In 2000 I got my private pilot's license. My time is now mostly spent, building & flying model aircraft as well as taking care of a somewhat permanent Honey Do list. lol.

All in all I love what I do and feel blessed that I still have the mobility to do the most of the things I love. One is only truly disabled if they give up fighting to continue doing the quality things in life they so much enjoy, thinking NOT of what they can no longer do, but rather focusing on the things they CAN do and love!
Stoney Creek Hawks RC
MAAC No. 43659

Radios used: Spektrum DX6i
Current builds: 1/4 scale J3 Cub & Neiuport 17 and KMP B-25.
Currently flying: Scratched Tele 40, Parkzone Stryker & 60" SPAD Debonaire

"Time flies like an arrow - fruit flys like a banana." Groucho Marks
Gary Maker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-01-2012, 01:03 AM   #63
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Gary Arthur
Radio of choice:
Futaba 18MZ
# of RCs: 17

Total Props: 6

I have been making plastic bottle caps for 25 years. Does not sound too exciting but it makes me travel anywhere from Hawaii to Budapest and as far south as Peru every week.
JPO 2011 Member
KAPTAN KAOS is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-01-2012, 03:03 AM   #64
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Dave C
Radio of choice:
JR 9303
# of RCs: 30+

Total Props: 7

I don't do anything!! I retired in 2008 to look after my terminally ill wife, and from 43 years as an auto tech, last 25 years with Honda. Now I just stay home and build, collect my CPP, look after my house and garden and save up for my annual trip to Florida for Monster Planes.
Dave Collis
Pitt Meadows B.C.
maac 37241
mogman is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-01-2012, 03:44 AM   #65
RCC Contributor
I am: Perry Oldford
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 10+

Total Props: 2

Oil patch, Alberta............little trend here. Seriously though wireline operator for 8 years did what ever i could before that.
pz t-28 trojan,pz p-51 gunfighter, pz extra 300, pz spitfire, pz bf109
Perry3182 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-01-2012, 01:13 PM   #66
flyin hi
RCC Noob
I am: Mike W
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 0

"Master Roaster" i roast Coffee. interesting job, done it for about 8 yrs, been in the coffee biz around 13 yrs. also have worked as a service tech everything from explosion proof oil field heaters to restaurant equip. worked for my old man as an auto mechanic back when i was 18. my dream is to have my own muscle car auto wreckers on my own acreage
flyin hi is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-01-2012, 03:05 PM   #67
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Trevor B
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 28?

Total Props: 4

Full time Dad,

Certified Civil Engineering Technologist with a side order of surveying. Been at it for 20 years. Major background in mining, structural, bridge building/designing/inspecting, precision construction control and production surveys and machine layout.

Currently working professionally doing mine expansion projects, geotechnical soils, foundation design and land development-municipal projects. I also manage the survey division within our group.

I run my own business as a General Contractor providing pre groundbreaking and up residential building services and consultation.

I also teach engineering part time at the college and have been volunteering for adult literacy and mathematics since the 90's

....and people wonder why it takes me 2 years to build a plane, lol
MAAC #77168
Director - Lakehead Aeromodellers

Gravity doesn't Discriminate

Last edited by wymbly1971; 01-12-2012 at 05:36 PM.
wymbly1971 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-01-2012, 03:25 PM   #68
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: mike hocksinner
Radio of choice:
hitec a-9
# of RCs: 12

Total Props: 2

groo is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:56 PM   #69
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Earl A.

Total Props: 1

I work in technical sales, specifically measurement sensors and instrumentation. These sensors allow for quantitative measurement of parameters such as displacement, torque, tilt, pressure and acceleration.

One of the best things about my job is that I get to see some pretty cool applications. My customer base runs the gamut: OEMs of automation machinery, manufacturers of just about anything you can imagine, automotive, military, medical, aerospace, universities and research, the list goes on and on.

I sometimes tell my friends that my day is like an episode of the TV show "How It's Made".

One other comment I would make is that most folks don't realize how quickly manufacturing operations happen.....cycle times are often measured in milliseconds!

Earl "Narly1" Anderson

Last edited by Narly1; 01-02-2012 at 10:31 PM. Reason: More detail
Narly1 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:10 PM   #70
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: Brian C
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 40+

Total Props: 10

Started out in kitchens in High School,did my Automotive apprenticeship at Crappy Tire,moved onto an independant garage or two,then 6 years as a tech with Crysler as body electrical and HVAC .Then I got bored with some suit I never met dictating how much I got paid for for each task on a vehicle I didn't desighn, purchase or break. So now I am an industrial equipment tech (Toyota industrial equip dealership). lots of travel and strange problems to diagnose.I cover parts dept when manger is away and do health and safety stuff as well.Seems to be a good mix of road and office time. Still dont know what I want to be when I grow up yet??
Past Prez and Instructor
Edenvale Radio Controlled Aircraft Club
bartman is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.