Tri-gear float set up? - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Float Planes Discuss float planes here...or any other aircraft that floats.

Old 02-02-2012, 08:32 PM   #11
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Peter
Radio of choice:
DX 18

Total Props: 0
Re: Tri-gear float set up?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Gentlemen, Thank you for all your help. I have sent an email to commander but have not yet got a reply. After doing a lot of reading and looking a full scale stuff, I think the right thing to do would be to mount a hard point on the bottom of the firewall to mount the front. What do you guys think.....and again...thanks for the help

Regards Peter
Flyerpete is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:55 PM   #12
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Len S
Radio of choice:
Jeti DS16 just need one radio as it does it all
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 15

Hi Peter:

Give Sea Commander a day or so . I wouldn't rush it as you have so much tied up in such a nice machine. The extra effort put in will be well worth it. Sea commander can supply you with the proper airfoil gear legs and so on . You have well over $1000 tied up in a great model and you wouldn't want put some dorky mountings on it, right ? If he doesn't get back pm me with your email address as I have lots of pics and a few suggestions I could give you. I did my own machined mountings on a Twin Otter that turned out pretty good.
Got some ideas that might work.
I just got thru looking at the manual and pics . I see they state that the model is an "exact scale of the real one". One mistake they made I believe is that they show the front nosegear behind the firewall; Mistake there as to my knowledge they always have been in the front of the firewall but that would not be hard to fix plus puts some weight up front. Anyways a nice model.

Last edited by stegl; 02-03-2012 at 12:49 AM.
stegl is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-04-2012, 06:57 AM   #13
RCC Supreme Contributor
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 13

Total Props: 58

I tried the "Y" set up on the front of a trainer once. Resulting install was pretty wobbly on the water. The wire piece that takes the place of the nose gear just was no large enough. Needed to drill out the hole in the nose gear bracket & use larger/stiffer wire.
Or put separate hard points on the firewall as has been suggested.
Hang time does not apply to ceiling fans, light fixtures, overhead door tracks or basketball nets!
OLD PRAIRIE RED NECK is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.