Beginning in jets HELP!!! - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electric Jets Discuss electric jets in Canada.

Old 02-13-2012, 01:17 PM   #21
j-c terrettaz
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: j-C T
Radio of choice:
JR 28X
# of RCs: 20

Total Props: 3
Re: Beginning in jets HELP!!!

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I was there but I prefer a runway. Bungee are good for small 70mm-90 mm jet and way to much walking all over the place..especially when the wind ( thermals) are playing with you!!
But retracts are a pain to install and when you have a ruff landing you are back in the shop!
I love the feeling of the wheel going inside the Jet or plane with the doors: very scale
Here a pic of my new baby for the season no bungee here and you can take of on grass!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0105.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	225.6 KB
ID:	139276  
j-c terrettaz is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:28 PM   #22
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: Paul D
Radio of choice:
Fubar S-bus2 -no lock outs :)
# of RCs: 10+

Total Props: 21

Habus are great and even if you want something bigger and more sofisticated, I would still get one. I have 3 turbines/jets and still own 2 Habus (have to have a back-up) if that indicates anything. It's what I haul out at the end of a jet day for some fun or if I just want to get some quick flights in at the local field. I am thinking about upsizing one of the speed controls in one of them and going 5 cell for more "spirited" performance. Apparently the fan/motor takes this upgrade well and speeds over 100 mph are no problem.

A guy showed up at Princeton last fall with a Comp Arf spark and that is the first time I have seen one fly in person. I was really impressed and much more affordable than the BVM stuff.

Max Standen may even have one for sale as he was going to put a Wren 44 in the one he picked up but the deal on the Wren fell thru so he bought Reaction 54 RTF.

MAAC Jet Committee/JPO Western Canada
2L club executive member
Pauld is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:07 PM   #23
RCC Apprentice
I am: Robin Leblond
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 4

Total Props: 0

Lol.. I think I'm going to try the bungy idea too...
Robin Leblond,
RobinLeblond is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.