Xerun 150 Amp System Anybody Have Experience With It - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electric RC Car and Truck Discussion Discuss electric RC vehicles

Old 01-29-2012, 06:07 PM   #1
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Jason P
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX4R Pro & DX8
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 2
Elec Xerun 150 Amp System Anybody Have Experience With It

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hey guys,

OK I just picked up a new brushed E-Revo because I wanted something for the winter. I finally got to run it last night in the snow and dam it slow. Almost not fun because its so slow. So I have been trying to figure out what to do.

The xerun system is priced awesome and its water resistant. I picked up an outerwears revo cover and thought of using one of my baja pull start ones for the esc for added protection.

Does anybody have any long term experience with the Xerun system that con tell me how it runs? Or do I jump back on the MM train.

Also what about the 775 swap, is that worth it? O and thinking of running chevrons over paddles only because I run allot out in front of my house on the street and climbing up harder snow banks to get to the soft snow.

Baja 5B Flux, Baja 5T, HPI Savage Flux XL, Brushless Erevo, Summit, Super cat 49, X Maxx, Kyosho Blizard, Skully,
Cx, Proto X SLT
Wicked is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:46 PM   #2
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Mike K
Radio of choice:
No preference
# of RCs: 3

Total Props: 4
Re: Xerun 150 Amp System Anybody Have Experience With It

I've used a Xerun 150a with a sensored 4474 HobbyWing motor in a RC8Be and Te, and it runs like a scared cat. I don't think it's waterproof though (but maybe my model is old).

Although if I had to do it again I'd go for an even cheaper combo: probably a 4074 Turnigy motor and 150 HobbyKing ESC from HobbyKing.com: it runs about $120+shipping. At that price you could buy two for less than a new Castle 1/8th system.
MK_Reloaded is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.