Double Horse 9053 Volitation - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Old 03-06-2012, 02:20 PM   #11
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: jim w
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 3

Total Props: 9
Re: Double Horse 9053 Volitation

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I started off with a co-axial 3 channel that's how I got hooked. It's all for fun and it is all a learning experience and we all find our own path until we get to the heli place we are happy in. My case it's 500 and 600 size I will not go smaller or bigger and I've had enough experimenting and wasting money. Now I'm sharpening my knowledge on those helis and scale RC helis.
bensidus197217 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:30 PM   #12
RCC Apprentice
I am: Cristian H

Total Props: 0
Elec Re: Double Horse 9053 Volitation

thanks guys for the advices, I think allready to go to the next level and I would like to ask your opinions on this:

Walkera V400D02 FLYBARLESS Metal Edition Helicopter w/ 6CH 2.4Ghz DEVO-7 Transmitter RTF Combo

Thanks again.
ckanroh is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:55 PM   #13
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Chang P
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 50+

Total Props: 50

I answered in your other thread without realizing who you were...

I definitely suggest staying away from that heli for now. Jumping from a 3ch co-axial to a 6ch cp 400 size heli from walkera is not recommended. I highly suggest either a 120sr or mcpx (120sr preferred) as a next step.
Helicopters: Walkera(10?), Esky(3), Blade(5), Align(7), Miniature Aircraft(2), Hirobo(2), Mikado(2), Century(3), Thunder Tiger(4), Gaui (5).
Trucks/Cars: Tamiya(8 ), Traxxas(6), HPI(1), Losi(2), Ofna(2), Thunder Tiger(2), Hot Bodies(1), Axial (1).
Boats: 4
Snowcat: 1 Kyosho Blizzard (electric)
Snowmobiles: 2 x Polaris (toy grade), art attack electric
waylander is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:00 AM   #14
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: kevin m
Radio of choice:
i dont have a fav radio
# of RCs: 18

i my self fly 3 channel helis 95% of the time and iam still getting used to them only had my first chance to fly in the gym last week and boy i still got lots to learn i never had a crash in the gym but i realised i still need alot more time in before i go to more channels..

now i also have a tiny 4 channel heli and i crash the hell out of it all the time still iam getting better.
but i decided that if i was to go out and buy a 6 channel 3d heli no matter what make it is it will sit on the shelf until i have spend alot of time on a good simulator. if you still want to go get is a nice heli but when it crashes and you will and if it breaks and it just might then its your bad..

i dont usualy get on any one about what they want to do with their money cause i really dont care.

but this is more of a safty thing to these helis can be dangerouse if miss handled one mistake and you can hurt your self or someone else plus crack up a nice machine ..

no one ever tells me what i can and cant do. but when it comes to this stuff i tend to listen to thoes that know alot more about it then me..

now iam going off to buy me a 4 channel double horse 9116 put it on the shelf till i only crash the very odd time with my small 4 channel coxial,

by the way the 9116 is a single blade fixed pitched so a bit less stable then the coaxial and different flying char then the coaxial 4 channel i have so ill advance as i know i can handel things , i stil might get the 6 channel one i want any how and just leave it on the shelf for now will see what happens i guess ..
madmachinest68 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:51 AM   #15
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: jim w
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 3

Total Props: 9

If you get fixed pitch I would get the MSR for me it was a better choice. Sort of like starter fixed pitch.
bensidus197217 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:50 AM   #16
RCC Noob
I am: elie raad

Originally Posted by ckanroh View Post
Hello guys again. Today it was another day of a good flight.
Since I've got my first helicopter every day when I came home from work two time in the evening I go in my garage and I fly my Volitation. The first impressions after two weeks... and after I have read about this model... is quit a good helicopter, is stable and it is responding well to commands, the trimming works well, I mean once you have stabilized the helicopter it goes on sable... at least mine helicopter, and those two light in the nose and tail are very nice. I saw that some "pilots" had some problems with, but I think that it is just a matter of good or bed luck - you don't have any ideas about what you will find in the box.
But lets talk about electric birds. I just measured the flight time and it about 10 to 15 minutes (it depends of how many cars enter in garage ) with a full charge of the battery pack - the charging time measured is 2 hours and 30 mins. For that I fly it just two times per evening, until I'll get some extra batteries I had some incidents with, once I hit a neon light in the garage, the heli was falling from about 6 feet and I just broke my canopi but we'll learn from this... am I right ? It,s still flying and it is controllable. Any way the garage is not the proper place to fly but until the winter will pass it's good.
Of course this things are just two weeks impressions... we'll see fro long term what's gonna happen.
That's all for now.
See you next time and have nice flight.
hi i live in Montreal, where can i find a place to buy one? and what about the price?
elie_raad is offline   Quick reply to this message.

coaxial , double horse 9053 , electric , helicopter , volitation

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.