Blade 450 or T-rex 450? - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

View Poll Results: What would you choose?
Blade 450 RTF 6 37.50%
T-rex 450 sport clone 6 37.50%
T-rex 450 pro clone 4 25.00%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-05-2012, 02:01 AM   #11
RCC Apprentice
I am: Edwin Young
Radio of choice:
DX7S (the "S" is for super)
# of RCs: 3

Total Props: 0
Re: Blade 450 or T-rex 450?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Originally Posted by peaceboy1704 View Post
Thanks guys!
Do you think I'll be fine with the 450 or i'd better get the mcpx first?
I have flow the 120 for two year now, but I am not sure if the 450 is easy enough.
The 450 vs the mcpx isnt so much about easy as it is about durability(in the learning stage), larger birds have more power/stability, but brake hard from even a little crash, which will cost you. The mcpx is quite stable for its size, but also very responsive, I believe then general rule for hell's is larger are technically easier. consider this tho, if you can master the smaller mcpx, a larger more expensive bird should come all the more easy.

I will throw my vote on getting an mcpx as well, I cant say enough about it. to quote some one from here "its a game changer" bringing the CP heli to the common person.

For the sake of consideration to your options if you have your heart set on a larger heli, you may want to look at the new 300x . It is coming out like next month some time, and it seems like great value, its FBL control system (ar7200bx) is $240 to buy on its own, Its like buying the heli itself for $140... yeah its a bit more then a blade 450, but your gonna like the tech it comes with. Tho you may want to wait till it has been reviewed a bit first.

Get an MCPX, I think any one in this hobby should have one no mater what level they are at.
Originally Posted by thanasi View Post
You cant outgrow the Mcpx its an amazing learning tool.
That says it all.

Spread things out, GET a programmable remote dx6i or dx7s(love mine) practice using it on your current heli for a while, then step up to the next level heli you decided upon.

Last edited by Edwii; 03-05-2012 at 02:26 AM.
Edwii is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:03 AM   #12
RCC Noob
I am: Étienne T.
# of RCs: 1

Total Props: 0
Re: Blade 450 or T-rex 450?

Thanks everyone!
I realised that I won't have any fun if I try to save money by buying cheap parts. I will constantly be worried of breaking something.
With the MCPX, I can learn flip, rolls, etc. without being too worried with crash repair costs!

I'll be getting a mcpx and probably a used dx6i.
Thanks again!
peaceboy1704 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

blade 450 , t-rex 450

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.