How big for a first 3D electric? - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electric Flight Discuss Electric Flight in Canada

Old 04-04-2012, 03:53 PM   #11
RCC Noob
I am: Lorne W
Radio of choice:
Futaba 10CAG
# of RCs: 7

Total Props: 0
Re: How big for a first 3D electric?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Ok,......its next month now and I am still stuck on what to get.... But.... I have finally picked one. Aeroworks .60-.90 Extra 300. Why you may ask? Easy. The edge can be bought as a combo thru aeroworks with a dle 20cc motor for 499. Thats only 100 bucks more than the 3dhs slick airframe alone. The slick would also need a couple of 5 or 6s3000 or 3500's battery packs in order to fly more than once in an hour. These bats run about 100 to 120 bucks each. Then add the servos and the 3dhs plane is alot more dinero's. There are lots of reviews on this set up but not much talk of it in forums like this. Any of you guys had any experience with something like this? I sure like the idea of being able to siphon gas out of my boats kicker motor to go flying rathdr than having to drive 2 hours to buy nitro fuel like i have to for my heli. Please respond if i am missing something big that i'll regret later

broncoflyer is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:24 PM   #12
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Max Xu

Total Props: 3
Re: How big for a first 3D electric?

About 3D balsa planes, I've found:

- Anything smaller than 42" is not that enjoyable to fly except if it's a foamie;
- A good starting size is 30E (about 48" wingspan), which flies well with a 3S 2200 mAh pack;
- Next size for me is 50E (about 55" wingspan), which flies well with two 3S 2200 mAh packs;
- with 4 such packs, you can fly a 70" 3D plane.

You can standardize your batteries, which saves your money and simplifies your charger requirements.
Max Xu
Goldwing Yak55sp
TECHone Piaget
TECHone EDF Rafale
ARF 50E Extra 260
DualSky Mini Breeze Pro
Skywing MXS
Skywing Extra 300L
Red Eagle Happy
MAAC: 82801
maxx is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.