Whats your next major project.... - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Fixed Wing Discuss fixed wing aircraft.

Old 03-21-2012, 03:56 PM   #11
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Scratch Builder Sam
Radio of choice:
Spectrum DX18
# of RCs: 13

Total Props: 13
Re: Whats your next major project....

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I like building models in bigger scale, just something different then usual.

Few guys have already built AN-225's models, one fellow out in Europe had russian shuttle "Buran" on top of his 225 as that's why this aircraft was built for. Russian version of NASA's B741 SCA but 4 times bigger!
Struts1 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:08 PM   #12
RCC Contributor
I am: Stephane L
# of RCs: 12

Total Props: 11

Last year I started to finish an old Jetco Navigator seaplane that I picked up at a garage sale. I got the wing all framed up and partly sheathed, then I stalled when I couldn't decide on a covering method that would have the strength I would be comfortable with. I spent some time playing with foamies and learning to fly my heli and now the Navigator is back at the top of the list, hopefully to be finished before the ice is off the lakes.
I have decided on fibreglass cloth and EZE Kote for covering.

Click image for larger version

Name:	navi 1.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	144214

Click image for larger version

Name:	progress 12.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	144215
Fuzzydog is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:51 PM   #13
RCC Supreme Contributor
Radio of choice:

Total Props: 58

Bathroom & kitchen! Need I say more?
Hang time does not apply to ceiling fans, light fixtures, overhead door tracks or basketball nets!
OLD PRAIRIE RED NECK is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:52 PM   #14
RCC Noob
I am: Steve MC Lean
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 1

Hello all,

My first official post even though i have been an avid reader since december. Here's a quick run down of our actual projects. Me and my venerable father that is.

What started out as a double reproduction of Citabrias he owned in the 60's and 70's in which i grew my passion for flying, it turned out to be building, 3 1/2 Sig 30 kits since dec 25 of this year. 2 as reproductions and, 1 1/2 as prototypes, since only some components of a 4th Sig 30 kit were used. 1 Citabria is a repro of a 1964 7ECA and, the other one, the repro of a 1968 7GCAA. Those two are nearing covering stage.

The main wing, tail unit and landing gear of the third kit were used to build a particular desing by my father and, the remaining parts of the third kit and the extra components will be part of a cliped wing Citabria.....with less diedral, flaperons and, Hoerner wing tips and, lots of power....The wing has been built for some other project. Bare with me on that one, i figured might as well try to use the parts remaining to build something with it.

Sounds confusing? you should see my wife's face......She thinks we are crazy, so does my mother. Both houses look like woodsheds. We better see the end of the projects quickly or we both are going to end up on skidrows with 4 unfinished R/C models.....

All models are electrifed and, dad's is an EDF. The repro graphics were produced by Callie graphics. What an artist and, a pleasure to do business with.

I did not produce a building thread since the Sig Citabrias have extensively been covered on this forum.

Thought i would share my madness with you fine peolpe. Here are some pics of the projects. The albums are on skydrive. Here are the links.

''The links should be fixed''

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=eef9a8adf9f7c3e7&resid=EEF9A8ADF9F7 C3E7!1046&parid=root

Feel free to comment, question, suggest, critic, encourage or give me any sign of life for that matter.

Cheers all!

Steve Mc Lean

Last edited by smclean; 03-26-2012 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Editing links
smclean is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:30 PM   #15
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: Dean M

Total Props: 8

I closed the deal on the Hog Bipe, it's in the mail to me today! I'm looking forward to the build.
Dean Myers
MAAC 81138
CMPRA Calgary (www.cmpra.com)
dean2287 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:39 AM   #16
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Derrick
Radio of choice:
Futaba 8fg
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 3

Next on table will be refurbing my stinger 120. Then.... Gutting and repairing, recovering a lanier 88" edge. Just picked up a beaver this weekend, will most likely fly it as is this summer, then........ building board for it when snow flies. Want to strip and recover, build some floats and install, try to deck it out some in the apperance dept. Should be fun.
tallone66 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:11 AM   #17
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Scratch Builder Sam
Radio of choice:
Spectrum DX18

Total Props: 13

I'll add another one, this time, foamy edf!. Fly Fly/Hobby Topgun Mirage 90mm Edf that i'll be building/assembling in next few weeks to train myself towards my big Concorde Edf for next year.
Struts1 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:55 PM   #18
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56

Well it's gonna take me a while to complete, but I'm in the midst of building a 1/3 scale Nieuport 17 from plans. I'm putting alot of scale detail and accuracy into it. I've been studying photos of a few museum replicas and the only existing surviving example in the Belgian Museum (during and after restoration). I also have the Windsock Datafile edition for the N17, which has some really good photos as well as the Rozendaal drawings. Immensely useful.
Being patriotic and all... I'll be painting it in Billy Bishop's colours.

Here's hoping it will turn out as good as I envision.
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:34 PM   #19
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Phil Schulte
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 40+

Total Props: 3

Have a sig rascal 110 to repair and fly with a gemini twin. Then going to built a Sig 1/4 scale clipped wing cub for the engine to go into. Another project that is high on my list is trying to convince my wife that flying is meant to be enjoyed daily.
pschulte is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:31 AM   #20
RCC Contributor
I am: Gilles M
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 18

Total Props: 4

I just bought a Hangar9 Piper J-3 Cub 40 as well as the Floats for it (electric). I can start building soon since I just finished building my Trex 600E Pro. It will have it's maiden flight tomorrow if conditions permit.
Heli: Blade MCX, MSR, CPP2, 2 x HK 450, HK500GT, Trex 450 Sport, Bell MD500 (450), HK500GT, Trex 500 ESP, Trex 600E Pro
Quad: Gaui 330X, Gaui 500 with GU-INS
Floats: GWS e-Starter, CL-415 Canadair
Plane: F4U Corsair, Extra 300, Hangar-9 Piper J-3 Cub 40, Visionaire, Polaris Ultra, Focke Wulf 190
Micro: T-28 Trojan, Extra 300 3D
gi1mo2 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.