AN-225 is in Calgary presently anyone went to see it??? - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Old 03-16-2012, 01:19 PM   #21
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Larry
Radio of choice:

Total Props: 14
Re: AN-225 is in Calgary presently anyone went to see it???

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
From Flickr's help page "Help : Photos"

How can I copyright my photos?

In most parts of the world, including the U.S., Canada, EU countries, and Japan, you are automatically granted copyrights to your photos.

Remember that you can only copyright images that you own. In some instances, you may not have the rights to all of the elements that you’ve photographed (for example, the work of another artist) and may not have the rights to reproduce that photo elsewhere.

The nonprofit Creative Commons offers six default licenses as an alternative to full copyright so you can choose the one that best suits your needs.

You can select a default license for your photos here.

To change the license for a specific picture, just open up "Owner settings" near the bottom of your photo page and edit the license.

You can also read this.
My guide to R/C photography.

R/C & full scale albums
cicopo is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-17-2012, 02:42 AM   #22
RCC Contributor
I am: corey p

Total Props: 3

I fueled the 225 last year here in Edmonton, they were loading a bunch of helicopters into it. That thing sure is massive, the cockpit was pretty impressive too. Although I'm pretty sure the Russian crew were making fun of me. I asked the captain "so, how is this thing to fly" after asking a couple times he looked at me with this puzzled look and said "how does this fly". I said no no and asked again, he looked at the fo and the other 6 guys in there, said something in Russian and they all laughed at me. Lol, I just left after that.

It took about 9 hours to fuel it, between dumping the truck into it and going to backload the truck, back and forth for almost my entire shift. It took almost the entire 11000 foot runway to get off the ground.

I felt bad for all the people on the other side of the fence waiting for this thing to take off, when I showed up there was about 50 cars at the end of the runway all waiting to catch a glimpse and I show up and get the fuel release and know that it's gunna be a long while before it leaves. I didnt have time to tell them, when it did finally leave I think there was 3 cars left.
prefontaine is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:54 AM   #23
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: Douglas NBartley

Total Props: 3

I worked for FOREMOST INDUSTRIES, which situated directly behind the airport in Calgary. We built 100's of track vehicle that got sent to Russian oilfields over the last 40 years. They weigh approx 48 tons if memory serves.
About 1997, a 225 flew in, refueled and picked up 4 of these vehicles from us, but left too early the next morning to see it go.
It used about 10000 feet of the 11000 ft runway to get airborne according to people there.
It looked like you could disassemble a 747 and carry it away! hehe flytwice
flytwice is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:42 PM   #24
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Scratch Builder Sam
Radio of choice:
Spectrum DX18
# of RCs: 13

Total Props: 13
Unhappy Re: AN-225 is in Calgary presently anyone went to see it???

For some weird reason this beast cant come to.Cyyz...why i don't know exactly...few years ago Honda was importing steel for there cars n at times there were 6 An 124s on the ground almost on daily bases for few months yet not once 225 have landed so far at Pearson International Airport!..wish i could see it in person ...
Struts1 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.