Phoenix Settings with DX7s - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Old 03-19-2012, 06:57 PM   #1
RCC Apprentice
I am: Alan
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX7s
# of RCs: 8

Total Props: 0
Phoenix Settings with DX7s

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
What / How do you recommend setting the DX7s and the Phoenix settings.

I fly the MCPx, MSR, 120 SR, and Blade 450. (Actual Birds and on SIM).

When I first started with the sim I set a model to Acro and named it Phoenix. Flying FB birds was no problem. When I started flying CP birds I started having problems. I if I use my actual model settings for the MCPx I can fly it on the sim. If I use the settings for the 450 I have no lift at full throttle.

Is there a specific setting for your tx and phoenix that will allow you to fly any Heli or any plane.

I know this is such a newbie question and I am sorry to ask it but I am about to scream right now. I just want to fly.

I believe in flying a sim. It advanced me quickly in the short time I have been flying. I have only been at this for about a month.

Yes I know that is a lot of birds for a month but my wife loves me and is happy that I found a hobby. I am constantly reminded of my goals to fly bigger and fly better. I am committed to this and could use your help.

Thank you all for your help and happy flying.

Bigshowrenfro is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:38 PM   #2
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: David C
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 1
Re: Phoenix Settings with DX7s

I just set one memory spot up for Phoenix and use it for every heli in that program. Just remember to use the Helicopter settings with the 1 servo swash type. And then set up just the regular, idle up 1 and idle up 2 settings like you would for any helicopter. Probably similar settings to what your Blade 450 would tell you to make.

Use the regular pitch/throttle curve for the fixed pitch like the MSR and 120SR and whichever of the three you'd like for the collective pitch helis.

Oh yeah- and I've flown a few planes in it for a laugh but I just use the regular setting for that and not idle up, obviously. Worked fine. Flew and landed many planes, but I'm sure if you wanted to get serious about it, you'd want to actually set up a DX7 memory spot specifically for planes.
Froghammer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:09 PM   #3
RCC Apprentice
I am: Alan
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX7s
# of RCs: 8

Total Props: 0
Re: Phoenix Settings with DX7s

Thanks for the help. After creating a heli model just for Phoenix I could fly the 450 but not as a CP. Don't know what settings need to be changed for that. I changed model to my mcpx settings and was able to fly the 450 as a CP now. Don't know what changed but something worked. I just copied the settings that worked to the Phoenix model and now everything works and I guess that is that. I am still learning on how the settings can effect flight. I am sure that is something that takes many hours to figure out.

Bigshowrenfro is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.