Setup for kinetic 800 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Sailplanes / Electro-gliders Discuss quiet flight in Canada.

Old 04-09-2012, 08:26 PM   #1
RCC Noob
I am: william f

Total Props: 0
Question Setup for kinetic 800

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I was thinking of getting the kinetic 800 from HK:

Can anyone recommend a good motor, servos, ESC and lipo pack for long flights at a park. Im new to this so im not sure if 2 or 3 cell batteries are better for long flights (either power or light weight?).

Thx in advance
382 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:02 PM   #2
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: Moe N.

Total Props: 0
Smile Re: Setup for kinetic 800

I've got both Kinetic 800 and this Triwon EPO motor glider.

The Triwon became a favoured plane for its versatility and great flying characteristics. One can use it train new flyers, aerial photography with HK's wingcam, FPV flight with the Fat Shark system as well as basic aerobatics. Its a slightly bigger plane at 1200 mm, its easier to see and more forgiving. both planes will work with the same motor-esc setups. Mine is equipped with a Turnigy brush-less T2830-1000 motor, HK 25 amp speed control (overkill), 8x4 fixed APC prop (my folders won't fit my motor shaft), HK 2.4 gig radio set and 4 Hitec H55 servo's, When fed from a 1230 milliamp 3 cell battery pack this setup draws 100 watts. it draws 65 watts on a 2 cell 1000 milliamp pack. The 1000 milliamp pack needed a half ounce of lead to balance so I choose to fly with a 1500 milliamp 2 cell instead. The supplied decals went on easy but so would paint its all a matter of taste.

The Kinetic 800 is still a good plane, both fly well with the same motors, The Kinetic is just not quite as good as the Triwon for the above reasons.

Fly On!
Salutations from the Pacific North WET!

S.P.A.D.s, Fibreglas & Balsa EDF's, Foamies, Brushless powered and nitro balsa planes, they're all in my hanger, just don't explain what it all means to the mrs, eh?
NorseHammer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:35 AM   #3
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: Dan D.
Radio of choice:
DX18, JR9503, JR9303,

Total Props: 5
Re: Setup for kinetic 800

I have the 800, it has motor already in it. It flies fast, glides fast and needs fair area to fly in, not a small park flier. Ailerons are quite sensitive. It is a bit heavy for it size so keeping up speed is essential. I fly mine on stock motor, 20A ESC and a 3S 500ma battery and would like to lighten it a bit more. It is not much of a glider by any means. Having said that, in larger area it is fun to fly, lots of power on 3s battery, very acrobatic, handles wind well but twitchy and I get about 8 minute flights with glide - power combo. Don't use large batteries get more small ones, it will be too heavy.
ddruck is offline   Quick reply to this message.

800 , kinetic , setup

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.