|04-17-2012, 10:56 PM||#1|
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Terrence Allen
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: North York, Ontario
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 24
Feedback: 1 / 100%
Total Props: 0
HobbyKing Viperjet 90 Fibreglass EDF
Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
• Offered as ‘plug-n-play’…receiver ready and prepared for first flight
• Fan is RC Lander 1900Kv, 1750 Watt anodized aluminum unit (rated for 71 amps continuous and six cells but commonly run safely on 8s (keeping in mind the axiom that it’s amps and not voltage that kills motors)
• LiPo pack(s) are not included in this package but could be made available for additional negotiated cost
• Model set up for bungee launch with carbon fibre skids (incorporating launch hook) securely mounted to protect bottom surfaces…’wheel-less’ to save weight and improve speed potential
• 100 amp ESC mounted on the floor beneath the cockpit with the heat sink protruding through the fuselage for heat dissipation
• Wing panels were modified to allow removal from fuselage for transport
• Battery tray is lowered to keep weight low (as per recommendations of those gone before)
• Flaps are speed regulated for realistic extension/retraction speeds
• LED lighting system fitted…includes red beacon bulbs on the vertical stabilizer and beneath the front of the fuselage, red and green bulbs on the port and starboard wing tips respectively, wing tip strobe bulb’s and three landing lights
• Also fitted is custom-fabricated ring of red LED’s mounted in the tailpipe powered by 3 cells of the LiPo pack, switched by a channel which is mixed with the throttle to illuminate when advanced (custom wiring harness prepared and installed)
• Five metal-geared, two nylon-geared servos installed
• Discreet Lithium Ion pack fitted for all on-board avionics
• Will obviously look first for a buyer in close enough proximity to Toronto where commuting for pickup is possible
• Based on what is supplied, how much it cost…and how it’s all prepared, $399. feels like a fair price for both parties to the transaction
In the interest of full disclosure…
Clearly visible in the photos are several chips from the finish surface revealing the underlying, white film covering. These occurred during the handling process of assembly. Online research reveals others have had a similar experience. Many solutions were suggested…the one I preferred was that of ‘touching up’ the areas as required using a matching paint obtained from suppliers of automotive painting supplies. They are apparently widely available in small packages, inexpensive and in colours that sufficiently approximate a match.
RCC Classified Quick Rules
- Location & price is a must when selling RC related items. Update your profile!!!
- Use the feedback system after a sale / trade.
- Buyer Beware!
- One bump / TTT every 3 days.
- Classified rules here.
** Infractions will be passed out if rules are broken. Threads may be deleted.
Last edited by Terrence Allen; 04-24-2012 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Price reduction
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|HobbyKing Viperjet 90mm||choopi1||FS - Airplanes||0||03-02-2012 08:23 AM|
|NIB RC Lander EDF 70mm EDF unit ($90)||earaoz||FS - Airplanes||0||09-19-2010 05:39 PM|
|Hobbyking SS Series 90-100A ESC||xv-townboy||FS - Electric Gear||0||07-20-2010 11:22 AM|
|Hobby Lobby EDF Glider Soar Jet 90.00||para9111||FS - Airplanes||1||09-19-2009 09:20 PM|
|New 90 MM EDF units on the market||Dutkoski||Electric Jets||11||11-18-2005 08:26 AM|