DX7 HELP!!! Throttle curve on DLE30cc - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Giant Scale Aircraft Discuss Giant RC Scale Aircraft.

Old 04-22-2012, 12:03 PM   #1
RCC Apprentice
I am: Emmanuel
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 7

Total Props: 0
Gas DX7 HELP!!! Throttle curve on DLE30cc

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hey guys so i need some help trying to set up a throttle curve on a DX7. I recently got a Extra 260 with a DLE30cc (first Gasser). I am finding it very hard to do any high alpha 3D, or just general aerobatics that require some throttle sensitivity.
I am finding on the low end between 0%-50% throttle, it is way way way to sensitive. Its almost like my whole power band is in the first 50% of the throttle.. I have checked my linkages and everything is good. Butterfly is opening linearly.. I have read that some gassers need a throttle curve on the low end. But my Dx7 does not have a throttle curve or EXPO function in the "airplane" set up. I know there is a way of doing it if you change the programming to helicopter mode. But i really dont wanna re-set up my model from scratch

Is there a way you can introduce an expo to the throttle by mixing Throttle-to-Throttle??

If anyone knows how to do this Please let me know, it would be a huge huge HELP!!!

Thanks again
Manoli_101 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-22-2012, 12:19 PM   #2
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Gerald B
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 20+

Total Props: 5
Re: DX7 HELP!!! Throttle curve on DLE30cc

On the dx7 the only way i was able to do this was a combination of:

1- mechanical geometry - servo arm almost strait back when at low throttle position.

2- set low endpoint on radio to around 20-30%. This will only give 20-30% of the servo travel from low stick to mid stick...
MAAC# 35271
dirtdr is offline   Quick reply to this message.

curve , dx7 , programming

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.