RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Old 04-27-2012, 07:07 PM   #31
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Chang P
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 50+

Total Props: 50

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!

Originally Posted by michel gravelle

Wow,............ I have heard this story so many times , never , ever , never , a big , no no , USPS , all the way .

But here,s something , We just bought a stove-oven , for our camp set-up . Now at Cost-Co ( Club-Price ) . With tax $206 , shipping included .

Guess where it came from ? All the way from BC , and it was , " No charge " , UPS .

I think you're missing the point of this thread and of alll the horror stories... It only involves INTERNATIONAL shipments not domestic ones...

Also, anything bought from a Canadian company which then ships from a US warehouse will also have no fees.
Helicopters: Walkera(10?), Esky(3), Blade(5), Align(7), Miniature Aircraft(2), Hirobo(2), Mikado(2), Century(3), Thunder Tiger(4), Gaui (5).
Trucks/Cars: Tamiya(8 ), Traxxas(6), HPI(1), Losi(2), Ofna(2), Thunder Tiger(2), Hot Bodies(1), Axial (1).
Boats: 4
Snowcat: 1 Kyosho Blizzard (electric)
Snowmobiles: 2 x Polaris (toy grade), art attack electric
waylander is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:40 PM   #32
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Dan F

Total Props: 9
Re: Venting online - UPS

Not sure if it was mentioned or not but you can clear the package yourself and only pay the taxes.
Not hard, call 1-800-742-5877 for UPS with your tracking number or if the package is at the door, refuse the package and tell the driver you will be clearing the package yourself. If they tried to delivery it and left the sticker on your door then call the 1-800 number on the sticker.
Call them and tell them you would like to clear the package yourself, they will ask you for the package number and give them your phone number. They will call you when they have the paperwork ready for you to pick up with their address. The longest I waited was 3 days. You take the paperwork to your local customs and exercise office, usually close by. You show them the paperwork and pay the tax on the item, the border officer then stamps your package and you go back to UPS and hand them the stamped paperwork and they hand you your package.

UPS and customs is 5 minutes from each other in Winnipeg so it does not cost me a lot of time. I also try to hit the customs office at 4:20 pm, they close at 4:30 pm and for the 6 or 8 items I have cleared I only had to pay tax on 2 of them, they want to go home and have just stamped my paperwork and said your lucky day. Most expensive item was just under $500 so not worth working past home time for them.

I will say I only use UPS when the company will not ship any other way and I have to have it. It can save you some cash and after the first time you do it you find out how easy it is and pisses you off even more for the amount they try to charge you.

Lastly, if you want to do this then DO NOT accept the package, once you accept the package their is no recourse on getting the brokerage fee's back.

I bought a 88" Yak from Extreme Flight and they shipped it by a shipping company (Bax transfer) air freight. They don't do customs stuff so had to take the paper work myself, no problem save me some cash. I learned that anything air freight has to go through the air department for customs, not the ground customs like I was used too. The customs air dept. is at the airport so was still close for me. I paid $145 to ship 3 huge boxes and got them in 3 days from Atlanta. Not to bad I thought. $145 from UPS is a small foamy and battery. LOL
MikeCam is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.