HPI 3 Speed review - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Nitro RC Car and Truck Discussion Discuss nitro RC vehicles

Old 05-15-2012, 11:05 AM   #1
RCC Apprentice
I am: Iam New

Total Props: 0
HPI 3 Speed review

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hi all,

I have a HPI Savage X SS 4.6 and I am wondering if it is worth to invest on a 3 speed.
GVwannabe is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:28 PM   #2
I am: tyler
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 7

Total Props: 1
Re: HPI 3 Speed review

that was my first truck myself. i wouldn't spend my money. i have a ten-t jato 3.3 and 5ive t, and my quick conclusion is: If you want speed and or corner carving buy a truck that is built for it, then mod it!

my savage isnt nearly as good as those 3 in any high speed (or low speed) handling.
i only use my savage to launch off jumps at the BMX park now. It handles the abuse Way better then the ten-t or jato! (the 5ive t makes the jumps look like a speed bump)
Snoozer98k is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:18 PM   #3
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: Brian C
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 40+

Total Props: 10

I have an XSS with 3spd and high speed third gear. I love the extra shift. All depends what you expect out of it. I just bash and it works for me.

Do you really need it, probably not.But its cool.Three grars in reverse is cool too.
Past Prez and Instructor
Edenvale Radio Controlled Aircraft Club
bartman is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:29 PM   #4
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: ....Roger ..........
Radio of choice:
JR 12x
# of RCs: 100

Total Props: 12

I find with the 3 speed it gives it a lot more bottom end punch , I gear it to have the same top end even with the 3 speed.no need to go faster than any of the other trucks, with a savage you just drive straight through them LOL .I like my truck much better with a 3 speed.I find the team losi LST monster the best all round nitro truck to drive , the savage is the best for bashing and the 3 speed makes it a wheelie monster.

I am moving into 1/5 gas now,much better than any nitro truck.cheaper too.
if you have not spent too much on nitro already I would save myself the trouble and go straight to gas .faster, tougher ,way cooler . cheers Roger
RAMJET is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.