Radio Spectrum May 2012 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electronics Discuss radios, chargers, etc...

Old 05-17-2012, 10:28 PM   #1
RCC Contributor
I am: Mark Betuzzi

Total Props: 6
Thumbs up Radio Spectrum May 2012

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
My Column was omitted from the May MAAC Magazine, here is my article:
MAAC Magazine May 2012
From the March Radio Spectrum Column:
All new 2.4 GHZ radio transmitters manufactured by Spektrum and JR are now using DSMX technology. The new X version of transmitters are compatible with DSM2 receivers and the new DSMX receivers. The DSM2 transmitters will only work with the DSM2 receivers and not the new DSMX receivers. Certain models of the DSM2 transmitters can be upgraded to DSMX. For more information, please contact Horizon Hobbies:
It should read: DSM2 transmitters will work with new DSMX receivers.
Every year in Kamloops, the local R. C. Flyers rent the facilities at our local Tournament Capital centre. The facility is 65,000 Sq/Ft with 3 huge flying arenas. It is an indoor R.C. Pilot’s dream. With 41 pilots registered, only one was using a 72 MHZ radio. He was the only pilot required to place a pin on the frequency board. All the other pilots using 2.4 GHZ radios were not required to pin on the board nor did we use a transmitter impound. It really made for an interference free weekend and really demonstrated, there is no longer a need to have a transmitter impound. At any given time during both flying days, there could be up to 15 pilots flying at any given time.
2.4 GHZ spread Spectrum radios have really made all flying events so much easier to manage. It is not necessary to pin your frequency on the frequency board and it virtually has eliminated the need for a transmitter impound. Clubs are still left with the option on how they wish to manage the use of frequencies.
Several radio manufacturers are now installing sophisticated 3 axis stabilization electronics to assist in piloting hard to fly airplanes. The on-board electronics now makes flying Quad copters and Gee-Bee type airplanes relatively easy.
Mark Betuzzi – Radio Spectrum Chair – M.A.A.C. 26605L
Trumpet is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-19-2012, 12:29 AM   #2
RCC Contributor
I am: Sheena M

Total Props: 0
Re: Radio Spectrum May 2012

Wondered about the missing column!
ss40a is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:50 PM   #3
RCC Contributor
I am: Mark Betuzzi

Total Props: 6
Thumbs up Re: Radio Spectrum May 2012

I checked with the publisher, I had sent to the wrong email address................
Trumpet is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:31 PM   #4
RCC Contributor
I am: Andris F
Radio of choice:
JR 9303
# of RCs: 8

Total Props: 1

I love 2.4...never a glitch. What i really, REALLY HATE is when events insist on impounding all radios, even 2.4. What a joke! One club in Southwestern Ontario impounds all radios as a way to manage the flightline. They only let out 5 radios at a time so that no more than 5 airplanes fly at one time. Madness! Set up 5 flightlines, everyone keeps their 2.4 radios and get in line at a flight station when you want to fly...simple.
chevelledude13 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:50 PM   #5
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★
I am: Max P.
Radio of choice:
JR and Spektrum

Total Props: 149

Thanks Mark. Short but sweet.
RC Test Pilot; FPV Instructor, Airplane Instructor; Helicopter Instructor

My Aircraft Albums:

Last Photo added: Dec 15; Warwing Foamy for FPV
Max is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.