Help me with electric setup problems? - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electronics Discuss radios, chargers, etc...

Old 06-07-2012, 07:44 PM   #11
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Al E

Total Props: 3
Re: Help me with electric setup problems?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
the 5e is not a computer radio and does not have any programming. so you will not see any endpoint. NOR refers to servo direction, either normal or reverse. You can change those functions on the 5e, but that's about it.

as mentioned earlier, your problem may or may not be reversed throttle on the transmitter. Not sure where it is supposed to be for spektrum, but for some other radios the throttle channel has to be reversed for an electric ESC.

the ESC will not arm if the setting is incorrect.

You can try reversing the throttle setting. but first REMOVE the prop so that you don't get bitten.

If the ESC does not arm (beep) in either reverse or normal setting, then there is something else wrong perhaps with the ESC or the motor.

the most common problem with what you seem to be describing is a cold solder joint (bad connection) in one of the three motor connectors on the ESC or the motor.
Papa Sharptooth

Bouncing about the living room, my then three year old grandson declared himself "a kangaroo".
"If you're a Kangaroo, what is Grampie", I ask.
His reply: "you a dinosaur"
astrofler is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:49 PM   #12
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Gord C

Total Props: 7

NOR usually means normal. Servo endpoint is also servo travel. I don't know how much programming the 5E has but if you can find servo travel it will show 100%. if so, go to a higher number than that. I would take the prop off when programming too, in case it goes to full throttle when you do find the method.
Edit: I guess I was typing while you were sending, Astro.
Tried for my kamikazi pilots licence. Flunked the test.
MAAC 5276
Flypaper is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:04 PM   #13
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: Gary L

Total Props: 30

Those are in your programming. NOR and REV are the directions you can select for each channel and simply reverses their direction of travel for the same input. Check your throttle channel direction is NORMAL. Futaba is one of the rare ones than need that set to REV.

Servo endpoints, or travel limit is also allowed for each channel and that is usually separate for each direction to set how much a servo will travel either way, (or any other device plugged into that channel). If not set high enough on the throttle channel the ESC may not interpret the throttle signal as far enough down to arm on power up.

NOTE: Most ESC's can enter programming mode themselves by seeing full UP throttle when the battery is connected. Again, they need to see a high enough signal. You need to be careful of this feature as you can inadvertently alter the programming or arm the ESC if not careful.

The fact you have no confirmation beeps on power up and that the motor will spin a bit when the throttle is moved is strange unless the ESC is moving the motor as a consequence of trying to get the beep going.

One thing that may be causing your problem is if one of the ESC/Motor connections is bad. I have often seen bad solder joints and the only way to check is to peel or cut off the heat shrink on both sides of the plugs to ensure there is a good solder bond.
I know there's money in aviation........I put it there!
Cougar429 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

begginer , electric , motor , problems , setup

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.