What is your Favourite FBL system and why? - Page 5 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Old 07-07-2012, 02:30 PM   #41
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: Jeremy
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 10+

Total Props: 39
Re: What is your Favourite FBL system and why?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Originally Posted by JamesBC View Post

I must also say there is not a better person to deal with than Jeff.

One more note, I will never use torque drive on a tail again, one little touch and go in grass just high enough for the tail rotor to clip a few stems and the gears are gone. Back to a belt drive for me.

hey jim
A hint for keeping the tail blades out of the grass on smaller helis with torque tubes ( or belts for that matter) - less green blades and broken umbrella gears - shim the back of the landing gear with a couple of washers under the fuselage - the heli does not sit quite level anymore but a small amount of shimming can get you out of the weeds a bit more and save you some money.
Tower is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:38 PM   #42
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Jim N

Total Props: 2

Sounds like a good plan, even better than my plan to paint the tail blades green.......

But I still prefer the belt drive, have yet to tear up a belt.
Located in Sunny BC
JamesBC is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:13 PM   #43
RCC Apprentice
I am: Cory M

Total Props: 0

I love the beastx. I have the spektrum beast x combo for my Align 600 with the new DFC head. I like the beastx for the simplicity of setup via the push button on the beastx. No computer, usb, cables etc. You can mod very easily at the field. I have had no problem with this unit so far and it is super stable. I think everyone has their preferece for whatever reason. I like simple and I find beast x simple. Thanks for the forum guys. Cheers
c70mac is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:40 PM   #44
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Richard L
Radio of choice:
Mikado V Control
# of RCs: 1

Total Props: 9

c70Mac, yeah I hear ya...I did have a BeastX and it is fairly easy to set up... I have gotten used to the Vbar and run the Blueline on my 700's...thinking of getting a Silverline for the nitro 700 and put the Blueline into my soon to be rebuilt 2nd 700FBL Electric... yeah these require a PC with software , but I don't mind ,,you get used to what works best for you... Thats the most important part is that stick to what works and you will get really good at squeezing the optimum performance out of the FBL system...

I was not a big fan of 3Gx , but a flying buddy who can fly inverted like no one else I have yet seen... at least locally...LOL has shown me some promise with the newset 3Gx firmware.... but in the end its what works best, what you are most confortable setting up and how confident you are in the FBL system of choice....

Cheers ! Appreciate all the input in this thread...good stuff...if anyone else has some more info on the Align3gx and feedback on thier take of the latest firmware...chim in...
and Good Health
Gizmodude is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:04 PM   #45
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: Keith Z
Radio of choice:
JR 9503
# of RCs: 4

Total Props: 20

I own both vbar and beastx! Both are awesome! Im really looking forward to seeing the new spartan VX-1 and MSH brain fbl systems!

Maybe one of the newer FBL units will make it on my next heli purchase, i really like the idea of both units being vibration insensitive.

cheers Keith
heli-insane is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.