FPV Quad Build - Page 9 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Multi Rotor Discussion Tri's, Quad's, Hex'as and more. Discuss anything multi-rotor, including multi-rotor stabilization and FPV setups.

Old 04-08-2015, 12:48 AM   #81
RCC Apprentice
I am: AndrewK
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 000

Total Props: 0
Re: FPV Quad Build

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I'm interested in your building experience/expertice ! I'll stay tuned.

kush61 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-09-2015, 07:04 AM   #82
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Rick B
Radio of choice:
Graupner MZ-24

Keep it coming. I am working on my first quad and we can all take something away from a build thread.
akabek is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-14-2015, 10:02 PM   #83
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Recursion
Radio of choice:
Taranis X9D Plus
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 3

I didn't have my camera to take pictures but all the mods except for vTX are completed (my vTX stuff is in the mail still). I'll try and get some soon, but most of the work was inside of the GPS and Mobius case so there really wont' be much to see. I wanted to do to tests tonight. One to determine if the camera and GPS EM filtering I've done was effective, and to maiden test my 4S power modifications.

1. With the camera on outdoors with trees obstructing some of the sky I got full sat lock in about a minute or less, which is definitely 'good'. When flying i noticed at least one sat would drop. This could be noise from the power system, or it could be the fact the tree obstruction is moving. I was concerned until I just checked the 'UAV Forcast' site and noticed it says it is not okay to fly right now due to only 6.9 sats being available, where 7 is considered full lock for the flight controller. I'd say that is fairly good success, but I'll need to do more flight tests to be more conclusive. I might try and get my 900Mhz setup installed again to do a saturation test, but I'm pleased so far.

2. I flew the aircraft on a brand new 3S battery first, then a new 4S battery. All I can say is 'wow', the 4s battery definetly was more stable and had more response to the controls. I couldn't unleash the full speed (this is my back yard, and theoretically this should be able to hit 65kmph now), so I need to get more batteries and props ready so I can do a true parkfly test soon. To make the craft 4S ready I rebuilt my video power filter and added in a 12v regulator for the video system and LEDs. For reference, the LED strips handled my 16v tests without issue, but the head lights got really really warm. Was worth noting since I do not want to run a 12v regulator on my next build, and will want LEDs and 4S. Now I'm concerned I won't want to use these new 45-90C 3S batteries I just bought :V

The Mobius camera is fantasic. Auto started to record, and stopped when the battery was disconnected. No fiddling around. I've ordered a supercap and a 120mah battery to lower the weight of the camera some more. Whichever is lighter I'll use for now (currently have 880mah, which is over kill since I don't need 1-2 hours of recording without battery). I'll probably sell my Gopro now, or it will just sit in my drawer at this point. :P

If you're interested in any further information on this stuff, feel free to ask.

Last edited by Recursion; 04-14-2015 at 10:36 PM.
Recursion is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-07-2015, 07:57 PM   #84
RCC Apprentice
I am: Mathieu G

nice build!
magimat is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.