Phoenix v4 user questions - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Old 06-29-2012, 06:34 PM   #1
RCC Apprentice
I am: Rob

Total Props: 0
Phoenix v4 user questions

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Good evening all

I purchased a copy of Phoenix v4 and using my DX8

1. How accurate is this software? example if I'm able to fly and land planes technically does this mean I should be able to fly the same planes considering wind factor that is.

2. Simulation speed setting, to be as close as possible to real flight what should I set this at?

All comments are welcome

Thank you all for your comments / help
acadian is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:06 PM   #2
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: jay
Radio of choice:
JR x9303 2.4GHz
# of RCs: 4

Re: Phoenix v4 user questions

I use this sim daily and love it, but it's not 100% accurate. I think it's a must for beginners to get the feel for flying. Nothing beats going to the field, firing up the engine and taking off real grass. All I can say is practice, practice, practice. stick to a high wing trainer doing circles and touch and goes. Once you can takeoff and land without crashing 50+ flights, I would say your good to go on the buddy box.
It's okay Pluto, I'm not a Planet either.
Riddick is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:20 PM   #3
RCC Apprentice
I am: Rob

Thank you Jay, this why I got this software as per some RC users suggestions before I get my 1st plane.
acadian is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:20 PM   #4
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: Joe Smith (I swear)
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 11

I'm a phoenix guy too, and prefer it to all the other sims I've tried. Generally it's pretty accurate, but there are some things it doesn't do really well.

For example it doesn't model turbulence very well. Even if you land your trainer in phoenix 100% of the time, when you get out to the real field with a turbulent crosswind you'll find landing is VERY different.

Don't get me wrong, Phoenix will be a big help there's no question, and I still use it pretty regularly after I've been flying a number of years. There's no substitute for real stick time though.

Best way to get going is to spend a bunch of time on the sim, and get on a buddy box with an instructor at a club for real stick time.

As for the physics speed, it should be set to 100% for it to be realistic.

Come out to the Arnprior club tomorrow if the weather's good we have a club trainer we can put you on to get your feet wet.

Good luck.
uʍop ǝpısdn ʇı op sʎnƃ ılǝɥ
rotormonkey13 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.