Second Plane Shopping - What's next? - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Beginners / Newbies Interested in getting in the hobby. Not sure where to start. Post your questions here and one of the RCCanada experts will be glad to help you out!

Old 07-03-2012, 12:34 PM   #1
ibrokeit
RCC Apprentice

I am: David
Radio of choice:
Futaba 8FGS
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 0
Second Plane Shopping - What's next?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hey Guys, I know there's a ton of second plane threads, but I was hoping to get a little advice on my particular situation. I started on a Nexstar and have been flying it tons over the last several months... I've got my wings and all the guys at the club agree it's time for me to move on from the beloved high-wing. I have a .60 Extra that I am capable of flying, but with a .91 in it, it gets ahead of me a touch still and loves to come in quick.

I need to find something that is aerobatic, but will slow down. Something that's fun to fly, offers challenges, but isn't a certain disaster waiting to happen.

I have an Saito .80 and I'm hoping to find something that will work with it. I have the intention of building a kit over the winter to get building under my belt because I know it's essential to this hobby. But right now I'm looking for an affordable ARF that I get in the air as quickly as possible. Any suggestions?
Oveur: You ever seen a grown man naked?

Last edited by ibrokeit; 07-03-2012 at 12:40 PM.
ibrokeit is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-03-2012, 03:09 PM   #2
Flyerpete
RCC Contributor

I am: Peter
Radio of choice:
DX 18

Re: Second Plane Shopping - What's next?

H9 Saratoga....check it out....Flys better than my LT 40 and has wheels or floats.....I have talked a few guts into this plane and they all LOVE it......Peter
Flyerpete is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:42 PM   #3
Billpilotca
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Bill T
Radio of choice:
Futaba 18MZ

Total Props: 21

Four Star 60 would be a great plane for that Saito 80. Also a Goldberg Tiger 60 but they are discontinued. The Four Star would be a fun flyer and a slower aerobatic plane for you.

Old 07-21-2012, 06:24 PM   #4
Jimmy P
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: James Parnell
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 31

Total Props: 14

I'm with Bill , the fourstar would be great with that engine combo, the Tiger .60 I just saw one in the shop in Winipeg the other day. They also fly swaesome and can slow down enough for anyone to land, I have owned both and the fourstar is better all round plane for loops spins etc the Tiger is also good but more pattern like flying so spins are harder etc to do. So I would say the fourstar and the .80 is perfect with a 13x6 on it. You'll love it..
Jimmy P is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-21-2012, 06:49 PM   #5
Arn
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Arn H
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8/DX7
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 16

Hi Pete ..... sounds like you are ready for a low winger ..... it depends on what direction you want to go but if you just want something totally fun to fly .... does 3D ... can tear up the sky and still be gentle as a lamb .... check out H9's Twist 60. (if they are avail in your area) ... I'm thinking the S80 you have would work well .... If you were closer I'd let you try mine .... OS-75AX powered .... lots of fun ....

Old 08-10-2012, 05:20 PM   #6
woodstock
RCC Apprentice

I am: Al H.
Radio of choice:
N/A I don't know
# of RCs: 2

Great planes Escapades are real capable and won't break the bank. They come in nice and easy too for landings. It will do pretty much anything aerobatic.

Also the big stick series is a blast to fly in any size. It's not quite as capable as the above, but it does land like a feather.

Lastly, the U-Can-Do great planes is fantastic and will slow right down and land great.
woodstock is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-11-2012, 03:27 PM   #7
rmsingh
RCC Apprentice

I am: Ricky S

I would suggest Pulse XT60(I have the 40) or Escapade 60. Both really good 2nd planes, I have both and I also just moved up from my Avistar Trainer. Escapade 60 is awesome with an O.S.FS91 Surpass. Good luck.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in