Hangar 9 P-47 150 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
FS - Airplanes Sell airplanes.
Note: Commercial posts are not allowed on the boards.

Old 07-19-2012, 03:49 PM   #1
RCC Noob
I am: Gary P.
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 10+

Total Props: 0
Hangar 9 P-47 150

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I went over the whole plane and tested everything except the robart retracts as I have no way to pressurize the system. I have many pics to look at and I tried to show any issues there may be. This is the closest look over I have ever given the plane since I bought it last fall, I haven't had time to get to it. Now the mechanicals.

Engine- Zenoah G38 magneto. I haven't run the engine, but it has run since it was installed in the airframe as evidenced by the staining on the lower part of the firewall. It has excellent compression. The servo for throttle is a Futaba 3004 and works fine.
Engine issues- the engine needs to be removed to gain access to the muffler bolts, they need tightening.
- the wiring to the coil should be secured better.

Airframe- Very good to excellent condition, The rudder and 2 elevator servos are Futaba s9252 digital coreless and tested ok. The servo for the retract valve is an Electrifly micro, didn't test as I'm not too good at programing my 8Fg super yet.
Issues- Retract air valve servo needs a more secure mounting
- Rudder pushrod binds where it passes thru the former directly behind it, easy fix, just enlarge the hole some.

Wings- Both the Flaps and ailerons use Futaba S3152 servos and tested out ok. Both wings are missing the gun barrels (use wood dowels or carbon fiber rod) and the air speed pitot tube. Wings have Robart air retracts and functioning struts installed.
Issues- Right wing has a small round puncture in the top @ 1/8" diameter

I also have the bombs for the plane with spare pylons, a NIB canopy and hatch I picked up and also new but slightly damaged spare wing set, they both have the flaps but are missing both ailerons. One wing has some plating damage on the leading edge, easy fix but would require a recovering.

I have a total of $675.00 into the plane with the extras and that what I would like to get out of it. I'm open to a reasonable offer. Let me know what you think and any questions feel free to pm me. I live @ 15 miles from the Peace Bridge in Buffalo, NY/ Fort Erie. I may be able to arrange delivery to Warbirds over the Bay this weekend. My ratings on RC Groups, RC Universe, and Ebay may be checked under the name of : lumpy649 Email me directly at :kachar13@msn.com and I can send you @ 25 pics of the plane. Please put P-47 in the subject line. I accept paypal.
ps- no fuel drop tank, hard item to find and I've been looking, The new Hangar 9 P47 may work, Horizon informed me that the cowl from the new plane will work if the cowl mounting ring is removed and then a repaint would be needed.

================================================== =======
RCC Classified Quick Rules

- Location & price is a must when selling RC related items. Update your profile!!!
- Use the feedback system after a sale / trade.
- Buyer Beware!
- One bump / TTT every 3 days.
- Classified rules here.
** Infractions will be passed out if rules are broken. Threads may be deleted.

================================================== =======
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	p474.JPG
Views:	132
Size:	126.8 KB
ID:	158550   Click image for larger version

Name:	p476.JPG
Views:	136
Size:	127.2 KB
ID:	158551   Click image for larger version

Name:	p477.JPG
Views:	118
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	158552   Click image for larger version

Name:	p4710.JPG
Views:	114
Size:	124.4 KB
ID:	158553  

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.