Old 07-21-2012, 05:53 PM   #1
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Allan A
Radio of choice:
futaba 9cap
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 1
Looping problem

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I have a Funtana 40 and a Seagull Extra 300S with a61 2stroke in it.When I do normal size loops it preforms good but if I pull full up elevator to do a tight loop it is fine till it gets to the top of the loop it rolls right and then rolls right again at the bottom of the loop.This all happens with full power
If any one has any idea as to why this is happing with both planes I would be glad to hear from you Thanks Allan
allan980 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-21-2012, 05:57 PM   #2
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Ron O.

Total Props: 33
Re: Looping problem

just guessing but maybe too much elevator creating a high speed stall....program in a bit less elevator and I'll bet the problem goes away?....also, check what the elevator throws are as recommended buy the kit mfr ......Ron
reo is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-21-2012, 06:15 PM   #3
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Cliff S
Radio of choice:
Hitec, Futaba - FM
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 13

If you are like me, I have a bad habit of pilling some aileron when doing a loop. If your transmitter has adjustable stick tension crank it up as far as it will go. You will also have to do a rudder and thrust check. Fly dead level straight away from you and pull straight up with power on, adjust rudder trim as necessary. When you got that adjusted, do the same maneouver but after about ten feet chop the power. If the aircraft dose not continue straight, adjust the thrust right or left to compensate. Then go back and do the rudder again. I usually build in 1/4" of right thrust and move the engine mount 1/4" to the left so the prop is in the center. Check for warped elevators. Make sure they are lined up and will not twist.

"If my being here has made your day a little more pleasant then I have done my job" Red Skelton 1913 - 1997 (famous Comedian)
kip51035 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-21-2012, 06:22 PM   #4
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★
I am: Curtis H
Radio of choice:

Total Props: 53

I have a Funtana 40 and it will do the same as yours with to much elevator throw in a loop. Nature of the beast. Go with less elevator and all will be fine.

You can fly Hitec or use the other "low tech" stuff!!

Forum Rules Link
chuebner is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-21-2012, 07:12 PM   #5
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: kevin

Total Props: 0

Sounds like you have way to much time to fly and are getting a little cocky and aggresive. Spend some more time building planes for your son LOL!
The high speed stall sounds like that might be happening seeing as how the funtana has done that before.
kevinizer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-21-2012, 07:25 PM   #6
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Gord C

Total Props: 7

Probably is snapping out of the loop as said above. One way to find out how much elev. you can get away with, is to make the big loop and continue doing consecutive loops gradually making them smaller and smaller. When you find the magic spot where it snaps out, say 3/4 back stick, land the plane and adjust your elevator throw so you don't go past that point with full back stick. Hope this helps.
Tried for my kamikazi pilots licence. Flunked the test.
MAAC 5276
Flypaper is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-21-2012, 08:55 PM   #7
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Allan A
Radio of choice:
futaba 9cap
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 1

OK Thanks everyone for your input. I will start with your sugestions tomorrow.and maybe, less agressive Allan
allan980 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-21-2012, 11:13 PM   #8
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: eric q
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: too

Total Props: 26

Did you check side to side balance of the plane? and check throw for each elevator half and compare?

desiderantes meliorem patriam
To err is human, to moo is bovine

Last edited by moo; 07-21-2012 at 11:28 PM.
moo is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.