Ulra sport 60 - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
FS - Airplanes Sell airplanes.
Note: Commercial posts are not allowed on the boards.

Old 08-11-2012, 10:10 AM   #21
The Violets
RCC Contributor
I am: Michael L
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 8
Thumbs up Re: Ulra sport 60

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Iím new to the hobby and donít quite understand the politics of MACC, nor the clubs, just donít think there should be any? Maybe start a new thread under a new heading, if thatís allowed? Could we write to our ZD over at MACC to look into it?
Itís good to see youíre determined for change; most people would just throw in the towel about now, at the very least be proud of that!

MAAC 84116
Iíve flown but I can't fly...yet!
Click Here for My First Kit Build

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:43 AM   #22
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: GrahamR
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX7
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 0
Re: Ulra sport 60

I am not in a club either. Wanna start one? Long commute though. Good luck.
Old 08-12-2012, 05:17 PM   #23
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: David C
Radio of choice:
MC-20 MX-20 X9D+ X12S
# of RCs: 25

Total Props: 44

Hi Rachel:

As somebody said before there are always two sides to the story.....but....it would not surprise me to hear about a club acting in a unfriendly manner. Before I joined the Stetson Flyer's I ran into several clubs that were the total opposite of friendly. Many old time members look down their nose at anybody that does not fit their 'model' of what a memeber is. For me it was largely a matter of being younger than everybody else there. At 20 to 30 I was 20-30 years younger than everybody else. Or it was a matter of not having grown up in the area I was considered an outsider. It ranged from simply a lack of willingness to help to practically outright bullying ("You can't fly now, this time is for experienced members only.")

I have had nothing but great times at the Stetson Flyer's club. I am not a "pro" pilot and others who are very good pilots are always willing to join me on the flight line and offer encouraging tips that help me improve, and take as much interest in my models as I do in theirs. Everybody is just there to enjoy what they are flying and seeing what others brought to the field too. One guy gave me a tip one day to improve landing and a couple weeks later walking by he asked how I was doing, if I was still using the tip he gave me, is it working out for you? that kind of thing. One guy always brings hot-dogs and sodas and they have a little group that pitches in to pay for them. He still never fails to offer one if you happen to be there at lunch time.

Too bad you are quite a ways away, Stetson it is really what a club should be.
No Bounce-No Play The one who dies with the most toys wins!
MC-20 MX-20 Taranis X9DPlus HORUS
Friends don't let friends fly Spektrum!
Electric flying is pretty much seeing how close to a dead short you can run without setting it on fire.

Old 08-12-2012, 06:40 PM   #24
RCC Contributor
I am: Rachel
Radio of choice:
Aurora 9 2.4 gig
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 1

Thank you all for the support , maybe someone will be brave enough to tell the cornwallaeromodlers to smarten up and let their fellow members know if they did something wrong instead of revoking membership instantaneously during the high point of the season..
Old 02-01-2013, 02:48 PM   #25
Paul B
RCC Noob
I am: Paul B
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 0

Miss you rachel. Give me a call some time.