SkyWalker 1900 FPV - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
FPV First Person View RC flying.

Old 03-31-2013, 07:16 AM   #11
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Buffy

Total Props: 15
Re: SkyWalker 1900 FPV

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
HD footage of my Georgian Bay flights.

buffythesaint is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:20 AM   #12
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Ken
Radio of choice:
Jeti Duplex
# of RCs: 11

Total Props: 7

Nice area to fly! Thx for posting!

I hope to get my maiden flight done soon!
Fly it like you rented it!!
Stealing is bad!
kclark069 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-02-2014, 01:41 PM   #13
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Buffy

Total Props: 15

I had some time lately to do a project on my Skywalker. I installed a CXN pan/tilt camera mount for the GP3 and flight camera. I can get 360 rotation but have it setup for 270 now. Only problem, I'll have to wait for spring to try a test flight. If we get a perfect warmer day, I'll be out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2619.JPG
Views:	40
Size:	145.2 KB
ID:	233256   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2620.JPG
Views:	37
Size:	171.1 KB
ID:	233257  
buffythesaint is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-02-2014, 05:46 PM   #14
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Patrizio G.
Radio of choice:
Turnigy 9x
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 1

Nice SkyWalker Buffy. I wander what is better a wing or a plane like an SkyWalker.
patrizio_g is online now   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-02-2014, 09:19 PM   #15
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Scott R
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 20

Total Props: 22

Originally Posted by patrizio_g View Post
Nice SkyWalker Buffy. I wander what is better a wing or a plane like an SkyWalker.
Not really 'better'. Better for specific purpose. Each is a compromise, and better suited to somewhat different purposes. Also it is kind of dependent on how the pilot likes the plane to handle - again each type has its strengths and weaknesses.

Big wings tend to get a bit of waggle on yaw axis which can affect your video. But then they bank and yank carved turns and do high speed better than a conventional plane. That makes for cooler looking videos imho. But I find it only looks really cool at high speed when the speed eliminates the yaw waggle. Oh and a Z2 loves to dive up to 200kph - fun, when other planes might have their wings ripped off.

A Skywalker is inherently more roll stable due to pendulum effect, and more relaxing to fly. In some ways it is easier to fit heavier loads on a Skywalker too and the conventional plane is much more stable at low speed during launch - making them much easier to launch. The tail feathers provide more control esp since the prop is blowing across them while a wing has nothing blowing across any of it on launch (unless you do the tractor setup like on the awesome Hercules flying wing)

Another choice is the 'Boomer' - flying wing with twin boom to tail feathers like the Skyhunter or Spectre. Carves more like a Zephyr2, but more stable like a Skywalker.

Some debate about the need for reflex (elevons have to be up 10 degree to fly level) on flying wings - might compromise efficiency. Planes with empennage can eliminate the reflex. Not sure if that means much.

Easier to fit landing gear on Skywalker too, imho. I have tried fitting wheels on my Teksumo and it was a disaster (prop too low, caught stones and ruined the prop every time)

In Hindsight, I regret that I went to a Z2 2 years ago instead of a Skywalker. Though I still fly the Z2 and like it for what it does. I am building a Techpod (sort of Skywalker like) and a Skyhunter later this year.

Last edited by bcsaltchucker; 02-02-2014 at 09:35 PM.
bcsaltchucker is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.