74runner
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: kirk
Radio of choice:
DX7
# of RCs: 37

Total Props: 0
Good car/truck for this track?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hi all,I just wanted to know what would be the best car/truck all around to run on the track in the link I've posted below?
Please post a link to the Car/truck you think I should buy and list the reasons that it's your #1 choice for me. P.S I'm new to electric cars/trucks I have Nitro's but don't get much use out of them. I will need everything to get me up and going radio and all.Thank's

http://www.hotrodhobbies.ca/Hot_Rod_...e_Track.html#2

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:22 AM   #2
waylander
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Chang P
Radio of choice:
JR 12X/DX3R
# of RCs: 50+

Total Props: 50
Re: Good car/truck for this track?

Looks like an indoor carpet track set up for trucks, not cars, with all those jumps in there. Personally, I'd suggest you go visit the track on a race and/or practice day. Find out what classes they race and what the popular vehicles in those classes are.
Snowcat: 1 Kyosho Blizzard (electric)
Snowmobiles: 2 x Polaris (toy grade), art attack electric
waylander is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:32 AM   #3
Chester
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Tim T
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX3R Pro
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 10

If you give us a little more information about what kind of truck you're interested in, we can steer you in the right direction. Popular classes are 4WD short course trucks, 2 and 4WD buggies.
Reptile S800 Sky Shadow
Chester is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 08-31-2012, 04:46 PM   #4
74runner
RCC Junior Contributor

Radio of choice:
DX7

I'd say 4WD short course, but that would depend on the cost to get started so 2 wheeled buggies might be a better option.I always wanted an RC10 truck back in the day but a truck like the traxxas slash would be cool

http://www.rcmart.com/blog/2012/05/t...chren-edition/
Old 09-22-2012, 11:17 AM   #5
IntegraMark
RCC Noob

I am: Mark N
# of RCs: 1

Total Props: 1

SC 4wd and 2wd buggy seem to be most popular every time I've been there. I'm sure as the weather gets cooler more classes will pop up. don't be a afraid to head down there with a friend on a thursday night and watch the racing. the racers and staff there are friendly.

I have a 2wd SCT and I just go there to bash around and learn about my truck, adjusting setups and driving techniques. I'm a n00b to this but it's a lot of fun.
IntegraMark is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:36 AM   #6
wparsons
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Will P
Radio of choice:
DX8
# of RCs: 15

2wd buggy will be cheaper to get into than 4wd SCT, and easier to maintain the car.
Old 09-23-2012, 12:10 PM   #7
OldSkool
!!! CONFIRM YOUR ACCOUNT !!!

I am: Tim B.
# of RCs: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by waylander View Post
Looks like an indoor carpet track set up for trucks, not cars, with all those jumps in there. Personally, I'd suggest you go visit the track on a race and/or practice day. Find out what classes they race and what the popular vehicles in those classes are.
This x100. Do your research first. I didn't and it cost me a lot of $. Ask what people are running. I also suggest 2WD buggy to keep the start up costs down. To me they are the most fun anyways. You can find used RB5's and B4's on RC tech for around $100. A little more if you want a newer version or spares.

Oh and I am totally jealous of an awesome facility like that. Wish we had something like that.
OldSkool is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:36 PM   #8
74runner
RCC Junior Contributor

Radio of choice:
DX7

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkool View Post
This x100. Do your research first. I didn't and it cost me a lot of $. Ask what people are running. I also suggest 2WD buggy to keep the start up costs down. To me they are the most fun anyways. You can find used RB5's and B4's on RC tech for around $100. A little more if you want a newer version or spares.

Oh and I am totally jealous of an awesome facility like that. Wish we had something like that.
I ended up buying a very nice clean Ofna Hyper 10TT and I love it! The change the track every few weeks so that people don't get to use to the track so it's always different....The Rustler is now a straight line speed run only driver.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in