HK 700 Clone - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Old 10-08-2012, 08:03 AM   #21
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Mike G
Radio of choice:
Futaba 9c
# of RCs: 14

Total Props: 15
Re: HK 700 Clone

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Originally Posted by choopi1 View Post
Don't think so. If I was looking for a 700, I would probably look for a good shape used one. It's amazing the deal that you can find. Just my advise!
when was the last time you saw a FB 700E on here. My personal preference would be a Miniature Aircraft Ion x but I have only seen two of them in the last two or three years. One I bought and the other is in Texas and he won't ship to Canada.
To a tree, balsa wood and MonoKote taste just like chicken!

Sponsored by.
Small Pay cheque
Understanding Wife
Loving Daughter

Thought for the day

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.

If you can't eat it or hump it.

Pee on it and walk away.
hifly2104 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:21 AM   #22
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Eric Tremblay
Radio of choice:
DX8, DX7

Total Props: 1

Originally Posted by hifly2104 View Post
when was the last time you saw a FB 700E on here. My personal preference would be a Miniature Aircraft Ion x but I have only seen two of them in the last two or three years. One I bought and the other is in Texas and he won't ship to Canada.
You are looking for flybar? Ok, there is less people into flybar heli, so yes it is more difficult to find fb for sure and all the new heli are FBL. Did you ever try a FBL heli?
choopi1 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:41 AM   #23
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Darren W

Total Props: 4

Well I'm a big fan of FBL and I'm not a fan of clone helis, but I can understand it when then cost is a big factor. It's just too bad that there are so many poor experiences with cheap clones like HK, as I have seen them turn a lot of people off of a great hobby. Having said that, as long as you are well aware of what you are getting into, then it's up to you.

As for FB vs FBL, as I said, I'm a big fan of FBL, but I can also fully understand why some people still prefer FB. In fact I still recommend FB to some people. Flybars still have certain advantages over FBL systems.

In answer to your original question, it is possible to extend the boom of a 600 and convert it to a 700 size helicopter. Not really sure on the cost, but it might be worth looking at.
T-Rex 600 Nite-Rex, YB 600 12S,YB 700 12S
All with Scorpion ESCs and motors and SK540
Blade 130X
Couple planes
ve7nly is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:06 AM   #24
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Richard L
Radio of choice:
Mikado V Control
# of RCs: 1

Total Props: 9

FBL systems have come a long way. FB systems were easier to setup from a tx point of view but a few more parts to worry about. What I do love about FBL systems though is you can get more out of the heli and fine tune certian aspects of flight controll and characteristics that suit your flying style. I persoanlly use Mikado Vbar and have been very pleased with this well proven and well designed system. Setup through the Wizard is very cool and easy. Most FBL systems now are easier to setup.

I am toying with throwing together a FB 700E just for fun ( as I have just about all the spares ) with a Quark tail gyro and some decent electronics should be fun! Will probably convert to FBL later on... ( too many other pressing 'family' things right now )...

So all in all...FB vs FBL... well I am sure we will see great deals even get better on FB heli's that are left in the marketplace, so depending on $$ you could pick up a FB heli and convert it to FBL cheaper than buying a comlete FBL kit... time will tell... and some kits like Mikdao, Century and SAB ( to name a few) you can get bare bones and add your own electronics ( not too crazy about the current high $$ of these, but hey whats popular and new is typically more $$ )

My wish is for Align to make custom kits where you can pick your own electronics ( sorry not a big fan of 3Gx ) so you can customize your build according to your electronic preferences...

Cheers and Good Health !
and Good Health

Last edited by Gizmodude; 10-12-2012 at 06:21 AM.
Gizmodude is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.