Falcon Attack in Ottawa today! Way Cool - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Old 10-13-2012, 02:08 PM   #1
ken park
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Ken Park

Total Props: 7
Falcon Attack in Ottawa today! Way Cool

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hi Guys

I was flying at my club the Rideau Flyers of Ottawa and I was on my last flight of the day flying my foamy Phase 3 F-16 and the wind was blowing and the sun was gone and it was getting colder fast!

My Tx timer goes off so I set up for a landing and about 5 feet from landing a Falcon swooped in out of nowhere behind and dove downward at the model. The model hit the grass and Falcon pulled out of his dive and peeled over left across the hedges and kept on going out of sight.

I guess my model going into land may of looked like a wounded bird to the Falcon? Sure was cool to see. About 5 other guys at the field saw it too after I yelled out about the bird. 100% sure it was a Falcon due to the tapered wings and speed and color.

Sure this has happened before to others way up high but 50 feet infront was really cool!

Ironic a F-16 Flying Falcon attracted a real P-Falcon.
Not Happy? - Form your own Jet club "OVJ"
ken park is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-13-2012, 02:33 PM   #2
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: Jason U
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 9
Re: Falcon Attack in Ottawa today! Way Cool

There must be something in the air! I and some buddies were flying in my church's parking lot today and a hawk or falcon (I'm not bird expert ) did about the same thing - only with a 450 sized heli. Thank goodness it broke off its attack; otherwise, we'd have been picking up feathers and plastic .

Here's the video - hat/wing cam, not the greatest quality or zoom, but shows the attack.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

MAAC# 32586
Hobbyking.com Buddy Codes: All my buddy-codes on RCSearch.info
London Wind Mapper Weather
uberjay is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:58 PM   #3
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Bill Brisson
Radio of choice:
JR and Spectrum
# of RCs: 25

Total Props: 5

I once had a bald eagle dive at me on the down wind leg into Kenora airport...in a full scale C172!

the bird hit the vertical stab and what happened after that I'm not sure, but a few feet lower and he might have wound up in the cockpit with me!

My plane showed no signs of damage after landing, but the whole plane shook on impact, so I'm guessing it didn't do the eagle any good!

Bill......AKA "WW"
MAAC 46039
WOW 2000 POSTS...WOW...I need a hobby...wait...I have a hobby!
canadianf1pilot is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:05 AM   #4
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: John C
Radio of choice:
Jeti DS-16
# of RCs: 8

Total Props: 18

check this out

cravenjw is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.