Old 10-16-2012, 05:12 PM   #11
RCC Contributor
I am: Brian T
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 2+

Total Props: 10
Re: disaster averted!

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hi Mark
I have been following and posting in a DX8 / DX10T forum since its start in Feb 2010 > http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1364&page=1313 < and now at 1313 pages. Spektrum Airware developer Andy Kunz monitors and provides quick responses to questions and problems on this thread daily.
He is also on a DX18 thread > http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...85650&page=233 < guiding and advising owners as well as entering requests in his data base for future upgrades to both systems.

Brian T.
It's All About Ballance
Rellic is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:17 PM   #12
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Mark E.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX18
# of RCs: 1

Total Props: 4

Hi Brian,

I didn't speak with Andy, but rather had the response submitted to Horizon and they sent me the response I mentioned. I have to say, Horizon sure is a step above what I'm used to with customer service.

I'll be posting more on the plan shortly on my build thread, which is right now more of a planning thread, so to avoid hijacking this thread. But none the less, thank you very much for your response!

Just like my son, no brain-to-mouth filter.
Mark_WCE is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:08 AM   #13
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Mark E.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX18
# of RCs: 1

Total Props: 4

I'll quickly say this, got in touch with Andy, and had a response at lightning speed. Stand up guy! Thanks for pointing me in that direction.

Just like my son, no brain-to-mouth filter.
Mark_WCE is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-17-2012, 01:14 PM   #14
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: Arn H
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8/DX7
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 16

Originally Posted by Rellic View Post
Hi Arn.
Mark says inhibiting the inactivity alarm is doable in the DX18 and I know it is not a feature of the DX8. Hopefully (for some) it will be a feature we will see with future updates. Personally I have no problem with it telling me to turn it off as My wife isn't in the shop to tell Me.
Whenever I am setting up an airplane I have a large towel on the bench to catch those pesky little screws, clevis keepers, and such from bouncing off and onto the floor that I always forget to sweep before I start. With the DX8 on the towel it wont walk off ether.

Brian T.
Just fyi'ing ... I had a look again ..... the Dx8 Inactivity timer is settable ...... 5, 10, 30 or 60 Min being are the allowed values .... if that's any help

"I started life with nothing and I still have most of it left."
Arn is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:43 AM   #15
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★
I am: Max P.
Radio of choice:
JR and Spektrum

Total Props: 149

Thanks for the head's up, guys.

I have been known to leave my radio switched on while sitting on the workbench (or kitchen table) and then get distracted away from it.

I never really thought about something like the idle-alarm causing the radio to vibrate itself off the workbench/table.

I modified my alarm in the manner described above to turn off the vibration. Thanks!
RC Test Pilot; FPV Instructor, Airplane Instructor; Helicopter Instructor

My Aircraft Albums: http://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/album.php?u=13173

Last Photo added: Dec 15; Warwing Foamy for FPV
Max is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:55 AM   #16
RCC Apprentice
I am: glenr

Total Props: 0

After the low battery warning comes the lock out,send me back for reprogramming message.
I gave my DX7 away in this condition. glenr

Last edited by GlenR; 10-21-2012 at 01:38 AM. Reason: more factual
GlenR is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:57 AM   #17
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Steve W.
Radio of choice:
Futaba MZ, Futaba SZ

Total Props: 14

Thank you for the advice, no more buzz for me!!

Originally Posted by canadianf1pilot View Post
just a heads up, I was setting up a plane with my spectrum DX8 and accidently forgot to turn it off...no big deal, the Spectrum folks thought this might hapen , so after a few minutes the alarm goes off to let you know. I was upstairs and I heard this "beeping" and remembered, crap, left the TX on, go downstairs......just in time to CATCH MY TRANSMITTER AS IS SLID OFF OF MY WORK BENCH!!!

The alarm was set on tone AND vibrate, and the DX8 will buzz itself across benches and tables when the alarm is activated.....annother 10 seconds and I would have had a busted radio!

food for thought

itizme is online now   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.