Union Center RC Speedway (UCRC) - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread
Old 08-16-2004, 07:57 AM   #1
RCC Expert Contributor

Total Props: 0
Union Center RC Speedway (UCRC)

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hi all,

UCRC was previously referred to as the New Glascow Track, and it is a banked dirt oval with a small infield course. The surface is very hardpacked and a fine layer of dust likes to wreak havoc with traction.

The oval section of the track has lane widths between 11-15 feet which makes for some great 3+ wide racing. The infield lanes are more narrow, 5-6 feet wide, and will be great for electric buggy and truck racing.

THe real gem of this facility though is the oval. It is approximately 100' X 50' and very fast. Because of the wide lanes, side by side racing is a given. Unlike paved oval, where there is usually only one fast lane through the corner, this track seemed to provide endless fast lanes through the corners.

The straight aways are long enough for both 1/10 to come up on the pipe easily, and almost long enough for 1/8 to get up on the pipe. Actually, if you ride the high line, 1/8 will come up on the pipe every straight. The 1/8 buggies made for some great close action four wheel drifting through the corners, followed by unbelievably equal drag races down the straight to the next corner.

The track has power available for charging and timing, etc.. and at the racing events food will be served. Racing costs will be $5 period and there is plenty of parking.

I would like to shout out a big thank you to Harley, Vern and Ronnie for providing us with such a great place to run some high-speed oval, and for all the great hospitality yesterday. I would also like to thank Harley's better half (sorry, forget name) for cooking up and serving out a great lunch for all.

We are trying to decide on a date near the end of the season to squeeze in a timed event at this track, so any input you have would be greatly appreciated.

imported_iflybyu is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-20-2004, 07:08 AM   #2
RCC Junior Contributor

Hey Mike,

Did you get any pictures of the track?I was planning on going to the race but someone spent to much money that week!!But on the bright side i got a T-Maxx
"When you start burning Nitro,it's gonna get like what the monkey said when he whizzed in the cash register-this is gonna run into some money."-Smokey Yunick
imported_RcCrazy15 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-11-2004, 01:49 PM   #3
RCC Junior Contributor

Your track

I live in Truro and work at the railcar plant but am from Pictou County.
When I was at MSC Geoff told me about your track and then e-mailed me the directions to the track. I stopped in one day on the way to work ( I work all 4 to 12 ). I knocked but no one was home so I took a look at the track. I was very impressed with what I saw. Must have been alot of work and expense. Great job guys!
I am new to the sport and just purchased a Losi XXX at MSC. I am just breaking it in. For the remainder of this year I am going to familierize myself with the steering and maintenance. I bought some tires for the pavement for this practice. I would like to get over to your track and give it a try on a practice day. Maybe you could let me know when you practice and what type of tires you use?

XR2 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.