Sirio .23 for your tmaxx. - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread
Old 08-29-2004, 07:32 PM   #1
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
Sirio .23 for your tmaxx.

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!

FEATURES: Orange colored anodized aluminum heatsink head
Pilot shaft crankshaft
Backplate with start shaft for drop-in use with EZ-Start 2 system
Rear round-port exhaust
Aluminum engine mount
Uses stock clutch system
Slide valve carburetor
One black nylon zipper case 6.5" x 5.5" 3.25" (165mm x 140mm x 83mm)

INCLUDES: One Trinity Sirio .23 Racing Engine for the T-Maxx with
One T-Maxx 180 degree manifold (header) with attachment springs
One turbo head button
One carburetor retainer bolt
One spare collet
One Sirio decal sheet
One instruction manual

REQUIRES: 15% nitro content fuel for break-in
Trinity Monster Horsepower fuel with 20% nitro content after break-
Glow plug designed for high nitro fuel
Glow starter and field equipment

SPECS: Length from end of start shaft to front of crankshaft: 88mm (3.46")
Distance between mounting holes (same side): 11mm (0.43")
Distance between mounting holes (across sides): 31.4mm (1.23")
Total height from top of head to bottom of backplate: 107mm (4.2")
Diameter of heatsink head: 50mm (1.98")
Height of heatsink head: 42mm (1.6")
Inner diameter of exhaust outlet: 14mm (0.55")
Diameter of start shaft: 6mm (0.24")
Length of pilot shaft: 26.3mm (1.04")
Carb throat diameter: 15mm (0.59")
Length from backplate to front of crankcase: 55.5mm (2.2")
Displacement: .23 cu in (3.8cc)
RPM & Power Output: Not available per manufacturer

$400 engine...+
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-30-2004, 08:34 AM   #2
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
One fella from another forum has just picked one is his report.

Sirio .23, Pro-Line Powerstrokes
Well hello to all as Im new to this forum,

Anyways Im sure people have wondered how this engine compares and how these shocks work, and being that I have already shared my knowledge around Rcuniverse, I figured Id share a bit here.

Sirio .23

Hmmm...WOW... Anyways heres my review

Packaging: Great, as always everything sealed and accounted for

Instructions: erm... well it had the break in settings stickied to the box

Installation: Having the Sirio .18 to begin with I was able to use the linkage that came with it, not sure how the stock linkage would work. Another note is the engine comes with its own motor mount, but you must pay attention to the orientation of the "Y" so that the clutch bell doesnt hit the tranny, check the fit before tightening it down, those who buy this will see what Im talking about even though its not in the instructions (again NO INSTRUCTIONS). EZ-Start mounts right up np, however I use the Roto Start for the 2.5 from OFNA as Im trying to keep the beast on a diet.

Break-In: Broke it in with Trinity Brew 20%, went through 1 tank at idle, ensureing I had at least a 190 temp, 2 tank 0-1/4 throttle, 3rd tank 0-1/2 throttle, 4th tank short 3/4 bursts, 5th tank short WOT bursts, 6th tank leaned 1-3 clock turns (1/12 of a turn on HSN to achieve rock steady 210-220F running. No Issues on break-in

Performance: A little background on the truck, I have a T-Maxx with the UE Racer X suspension, UE Chassis, UE Super6 FOC, RPR Diffs, Spur, Slipper, Clutch, MIP CVDs all around and center, Airtronics 94359Z, 6V@2100 mah hump reciever pack, rotostart by OFNA, motorsaver filter, Sirio Big Bore Pipe, and countless little stuff (skids, braces, mounts etc...). Ok the reason I outlined that is with the exception of a few parts, most of that I have broken, stripped or destroyed , as for the performance, this isnt a low rpm .21 this motor screams, when I can keep the front wheels on the ground it takes off like a bat outta hell, even when spinning the rear tires it still lifts the fronts, and it is geared at 20/70 atm, and I think even with 23/70 or 20/66 it will stiff lift them. I had my first breakage when the roll pin in the input shaft finally let go, have since replaced with a stock one and am waiting on my UE part to arrive. Also the Drive Cup allen screws keep working there way loose and I dont want to put any stiffer of a locktite compound on them as they are stripping as is. Also the pins on the CVD are starting to Oval with the power transmitted to them. For a comparison my friend has a Savage .25 with a Sirio .27 and he is no match for the .23... Power to Weight Acceleration: T-Maxx, Top Speed: T-Maxx, Wheelie power: T-Maxx , Durability: erm...Savage :P (Just broke my bulkheads and skids last weekend

Summary: Great Motor, holds a tune, revs hard, alot of power, easy install and great drop-in performance, only con would be the price and the stuff a stock T-Maxx is going to shred, break, and strip.
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.