Eastern Ontario Championship race at Bellevegas R/C - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread
Old 09-22-2004, 10:39 AM   #1
RCC Apprentice

Total Props: 0
Eastern Ontario Championship race at Bellevegas R/C

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Just a reminder that the last Eastern Ontario Championship race of the season, at Bellevegas R/C Raceway, will be this Saturday Sept. 25, 2004.

More details available at:

Hope to see you all there!!!
bellevillerc is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 09-22-2004, 10:52 AM   #2
RCC Pro Contributor

★ Moderator ★
I am: John
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 20

Total Props: 1
wait a sec, isnt full throttles race this weekend too, wow, who planned that out
Skagen is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-22-2004, 10:57 AM   #3
RCC Apprentice

I do not know, but ours has been planned since before the beginning of the season, as we had to book the transponder system early to rent it for the races we needed it for... Ron is the one whom comes and runs the system (same guy that did the Sprucewood race).
Old 09-22-2004, 03:49 PM   #4
RCC Supreme Contributor

I can't go to either because of my engine and I only ordered the new one yesterday

1978 VW Type 1 (Super Beetle) Convertible
PeanutButterJellyTime is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-22-2004, 06:59 PM   #5
John Bakker
I am: JB

Maybe next year u guy's will check out when the other tracks are racing so these events won't overlap
John Bakker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-22-2004, 07:01 PM   #6
Alumni Mod
I am: Scott P

I'm checking right now to see if I can make it...
I may actually be able to make it...
SUPERD's PAST PITMAN just ask SuperD
Sprucewood - First B-main, 9th A-main
Bellvegas - 4th A-MAIN Truggy
TTR S3 - Rossi M21 (on side lines all summer)
TTR ST-1 with LSK OMG..
Savage Racer -
spond is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-23-2004, 09:43 AM   #7
RCC Apprentice

Actually they did check with others, and either no one responded, and/or they didn't have thier schedules ready (waiting on on-road to finish the winter season ect), and so the owner decided they couldn't wait till people made last minute desicions on when races would be ect, as we had to let the racers know what the shchedules would be here for the season so people could make summer holiday plans and stuff. Also we work around the Ottawa off-road schedules as they book thier dates early in the year, and around the winter on-road season.

You would figure since we start races in May, we would need other race schedules before June (as this seems to be when anyone wants to say anything), as we like to post ours no later then March, but we would prefer to have it all made up by Feb. Requests for schedules are asked for in January, but seems there is very few people who have a firm schedule, or even an idea of one by then. Also our website is always updated, and race dates are always posted first thing, as soon as they are confirmed. It's not hard to look at clubs websites to see if race dates are posted. We do that, and look at other sites, but most seem to have nothing posted till later on.

Basically I personaly think there should be an organization created, and then a dead line set for tracks and clubs to submit thier schedules by Jan., and then it can be worked out from there. This way any big races can be organized not to conflict, and any local tracks close toegther can work out non conflicting local races if they choose also. In doing this an early schedule can be released with all the race clubs of everyones races, and I think this would greatly increase the numbers of racers at the different events accross Ontario & Quebec (it would appear, from experiance, that sport of RC seems to be bigger in Quebec).

I have heard people talk about this... but no one steps forward, or everyone wants to run it, or be the organizer of it... and then nothing gets done, arrguments arise. Then afterwards everyone complains. So I guess we just have to deal with whatever the clubs post as thier races, and work around what we can, the best that we can. Also there are only so many weekends over the summer, so I guess race conflicts are going to happen.

This weekend for me will make my 18th off-road race this summer season that I have gone too. Only 7 of those are local races, the rest have been all out of town and out of province (and each year I make it to more). I know, talk to, hear racers, thier opinions, and thoughts about other tracks and how they feel about the sport. It has greatly grew this year (specially Monster truck, and the 1/8 buggy classes), so we are going to see even more increases of prople in this sport for next season. X-mas is coming, and it seems everyone wants RC stuff. We need to incourage these people, help and guide them, not to get discouraged, as for beginners it can be tough, and very discouraging. The more happy people are with the sport, the more we will see in it. I have also seen sveral spectators at these races (that had a hobby shop right there), walk in after a race, and buy a vehicle. Also i have seen more families getting involved, such as husband & wife, Father & son, Mother & Son, Brothers, and whole family (each family member racing a class) teams in the sport. I think this is just great!

The numbers are there, we just need to get organized with the sport for all to be able to appreciate it, and create less confusion.
Old 09-23-2004, 09:21 PM   #8
RCC Pro Contributor

Well said, for sure ! Having an organization for racing in Ontario would be great and help get racers togther and build the sport/hobby.
Ah, but who will step up to the plate ? that`s the BIGGY !

This seems to be starting this year with other race track owners going to different tracks and meeting the fellow track owners, so it is slowly coming around to fill this need of some kind of dialog happening.

I think it can only help everyone involved, I think this is the idea behind this web-site or forum ? Isn`t it Guy`s ?

I thought it would be real cool to have a series between all or any tracks in Ontario and have a Grand Champion for the season, tell me that wouldn`t be cool ! Ah, but chances are thats just a pipe dream.

Anyway, some people speak way out of line and complain when they don`t even go to more than one track, It just sounds cool to beak off like they care when they don`t.

There is still a few tracks not listed on this site that could be part of a better all-out racing "Hot-Line", this would help for starters, seems this site is mainly for bashers, er am I out to lunch ?

All I know is that next year our track [Ontario On-road Race Club]is racing on Saturdays so this will free me up to race 1/8th buggies on Sundays, So you track owners better get yer act togther early in the year and start calling the other owners for everyones benifit.

Man, I can be a jerk !
Mugen Seiki Racing - Team Driver
SkyCraft Hobbies - Burlington
2010 & 2009 RC Pro Nitro Buggy Champion, Ont.
2010 Glorcs Buggy 3rd
2010 Glorcs Truggy 5th
JordanAK is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-24-2004, 12:47 AM   #9
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
Ok well your holding the bat...lets step up to the plate.

Tell me about your club. Lets get you and the members on this forum
We'll set up a club room.

I see your current forun has 78 members
Not only will I create user accounts for all new users, I send each of them
the new login info. Your ppl will be in charge of moderating the club rooms etc.

That goes for any current club who wishes to switch over. Your right we need to rally together.

PM me if you want to talk seriously

I'll see what we can do to add a current event calender
to this site.
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-24-2004, 07:37 AM   #10
RCC Supreme Contributor

Lets call a spade a spade. Every serious racer knows that Full Throttle always have there FALL CLASSIC the third weekend of September. Much like I have my race the third weekend of August. Earlier in the year it was brought to your attention about FULL Throttle race (Ken and I talked about it many times) and you changed your date and then changed it back. However - I am in favour of everything else you said.

Regardless it is a shame when there are so few Trophy races that we have 2 on the same weekend!
David McLean
Team Kyosho Canada
Mac is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.