PFD Carbon - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread
Old 09-27-2004, 05:59 PM   #1
RCC Pro Contributor

Total Props: 0
PFD Carbon

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Pipeous Fine Design

I have setup a deal with a local cnc shop and am now making carbon upgrades. I allready knew how to make carbon sheets, but hand making stuff is a pain.
here's the latest. Vertical and horizontal fins for the Hirobo Sceadu. Shown on my Evolution 50

There will be perforations to pop out the center cuts (the whole sheet comes like that to me to make it easy on the cutter) and just a small tit to sand/file off

I will have kyosho fins in a couple designs later today. also micro xray m18 chassis' and upper decks by next weekend. I will be doing up a new web page this week to show all the stuff with prices. I paid a cad designer to plot out the stuff and I check the pieces for fit before release.

Also coming this week is a new esc for brushed motors. You can see it pictured here with my micro. this is a prototype testing model and the final release won't have the power switch to save even more weight. a power switch on esc's jst tells the cpu to go into hibernation, not actually cut power. with the final release, the esc will go into hibernation as soon as the radio signal is cut (turn off your radio). though it is very tiny, it will handle 5-10 cels with a rating of 30 amps continuous draw so it will handle a mild mod 540 motor in 10th scales.

Micro bodies coming this week too. the '71 cuda mold here is finished and my own design of a ferrari maranello gt1 will be done this week.

been a busy few weeks so I have not been on the forum much. I wanted to share these things as my goal is to produce stuff that is as good as anything out there for a lot less money.

a few more things just about finished...
failsafe is done but waiting until later as the season is about over (I have to order 1,000 minimum components and I can't sit on that much right now), a board for the racetrack that shows what frequencies are being used as soon as someone turns on a radio (no more peg boards, this one is lights and automatic to save hassles), an onboard temp sensor that sends the temp to you via a small headphone and voice software (add a small servo to your 3rd channel and tune on the fly, I can also add speedometer, height meter for helis), also an on board glow igniter system that can be turned on from the radio (no need for glow igniters anymore), a upgrade replacement board for micro gyros to make them heading hold, an upgrade board to turn any servo into a digital servo.

Lots coming out this year. there are 8 of us involved now to produce these things. I am meeting with an investor at the end of the month, and if that is a go, we will be setting up in a warehouse with full production facilities including cnc carbon and aluminum, vac forming, electronics and injection moulded plastics. the fibreglass tech has his own shop and will be putting together boat hulls and helicopter canopies and fuelages for me.

Dealer inquiries welcome. PFD is now being distributed in Singapore, Australia, Canada and the USA with a couple more countries dealers coming on board. The more people on board, the cheaper we can produce stuff. Hobby shops are welcome to submit their logos as we re brand the products for them to re sell and provide iron clad support and back up.
Please feel free to contact me for details.
Barry Wilson
Pipeous is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.