my impression of the mini-quake - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread
Old 11-18-2004, 10:11 PM   #1
RCC Noob

Total Props: 0
my impression of the mini-quake

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
first off,I'd like to say hi to everyone on this forum board.I recently registered and this is my first post.
I just got a duratrax mini-quake on friday of this past week,it was part of a limited advance order that a LHS got.I have always been a good customer and I inquired about the mini-quake back in aug,so I got the first one (and I beleive the only one) in the area
I gotta say this truck is one impressive little package,and it comes with everything including a one year warranty on alot of parts.the oil shocks work great and have the perfect balance of's very quick out of the box with the 380 mabuchi motor that comes installed on it,although the gearing could use some reduction as it's a bit sluggish to get up there.the parts finish on it is comparable to what you get on high quality products like x-ray uses a shaft drive system and mini diffs that resemble what you see in the larger scale monster trucks (minus the diff fluid).the only dissapointments I had with the truck were the e-maxx style telescoping axles for one (it would be nice if they at least used metal dogbones) but in a couple weeks aluminum CVDs will be available to remedy this weak point (it's also nice knowing that the shafts are covered by the stress-tech warranty).the battery could also use some improvement,it's a six cell ni-cad with only 600 mah.pairing this up with the large motor and high pinion gearing doesn't give very good runtime.dropping the pinion size down may help increase the runtimes somewhat,but more than likely alot of people will just replace the pack with something better.the rear "turnbuckle" links could also use some imrpovement,alot of people say that the ball links are snapping too easily.this can also be fixed easily by finding a 3.8mm ball link with a thicker thread.all in all,I would say the goods definatley outnumber any bad points with this truck.I'm very happy with it and I think duratrax has put a strong contender out on the 18th scale market.
here's a picture of mine,with a body I just painted for it...

midnight-racer is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.