|01-20-2005, 05:18 PM||#1|
ORRC Presents "The Need For Speed"
Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
This will be an RC drag race where you will pit your vehicle against the radar gun, winner takes all. Registration will begin on April 25, 2005. For all you guys talkin smack about your ride, it's time to put up or shut up!
Location: 17415 Yonge Street, Newmarket
Date: Saturday June 4, 2005
This event will be broken down into several classes to make it fair;
Dragster Class (This class will depend soley on interest level)
1/18 Scale Modified
1/18 Scale Stock
1/10 Scale Electric Touring Open
1/10 Scale Nitro Touring Open
1/8 Scale Open
Open Monster Truck
Registration will be $25 per class you enter, this fee is NON REFUNDABLE. You will run by yourself through a 130 foot asphalt straightaway. Your run will be videotaped and your top speed will be recorded using speed measuring radar. Your start will be up to you, once you put your car down on the line you will have 2 minutes to make your run between the pilons.
Registration can be done by cash, if you see us, money order by mail or by PAYPAL. NO PERSONAL CHEQUES will be accepted. Mailing information will be attached to your registration package which will be available for download on April 25, 2005.
Each driver will get three runs and their best time will be counted towards the final statistics.
1. All vehicles will be subject to a technical inspection the morning of the event. All vehicles must have begun life as a production model.
2. All vehicles must be equipped with a functioning braking system, failsafe, steering and return spring to prevent runaways.
3. To qualify your run you must cross the finish line between two pilons. If you fail to finish between the pilons your speed will be taken but you will take second to someone with the same speed who manages to steer between the pilons. BTW...there will be hay bails on either side of the pilons
4. There will be a line 10 metres into the course which will be a point of no return line. Once you have crossed that line you are committed to do your run.
5. Runs will be 2 minutes apart, if you miss your run there will be no re doing your run. You will simply use the best time of your remaining two runs. It is the drivers responsibility to keep track of the run order. Announcements will be made to facilitate a steady flow.
6. All radios will be impounded between races. Anyone found with a radio in the pit area will be subject to disqualification.
7. There will be a track judge for each of the lanes, their decision on any matter is final.
8. All drivers will be required to sign a liability waiver prior to race day. For those under 18 a parent or guardian must sign the release form. If you arrive on race day and have not signed or are not able to sign the release of liability you WILL NOT RACE. There will be no exceptions to this rule.
9. Your modifications are your own, ORRC, Zoom Room and Overdrive Automotive are not responsible for any damage to your equipment or injury caused by modifications to your equipment.
WE ARE STILL FINE TUNING THE FINAL RULES SO STAY TUNED FOR FURTHER UPDATES RULES WILL BE FINALIZED PRIOR TO THE OPENING OF REGISTRATION
|03-27-2005, 02:43 PM||#2|
Some of you have been looking for an update on "NFS". I apologize for not getting to this sooner but better late than never. We will still be releasing registration on or about April 1, 2005. The venue info will also be released at that time. For all those who have been following the saga behind the "Great Lakes RC Series" will notice that May 28 conflicts with a points race. Well TOO BAD FOR THEM ......just kidding!! The date for "NFS" is now been moved to June 4, 2005 which was originally the rain date so those of you who are racers can still attend the race.
Stay tuned for further information as it comes available.
|04-25-2005, 12:23 PM||#3|
Registraion for NFS is now open! The registration form is in word format and can be completed and returned by email. There are a few reminders I would like you to bear in mind;
1. READ THE FORM ALL THE INFO IS THERE, incomplete or improperly completed forms will be returned.
2. Due to the beginning of the summer race schedule there will be no rain date as there are scheduled races the following 3 weekends.
3. All racers WILL be required to sign a liability form when you arrive on race day. Any racer under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian sign the form. The waiver will be available for download soon to allow for those under 18 to get the from signed. YOU WILL NOT RACE IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A SIGNED FORM....NO EXCEPTION!
4. Once registration is complete you will recieve a package by email outlining the itinerary for the day, map, rules and info on where you can get food etc.
5. Again we ask you bring a non perishable food item which will be collected at the drivers meeting and donated to a local food bank.
6. We will be accepting registration on race day but we ask if you are intending on coming please submit the form ahead of time to allow for us to have an idea on numbers
Any other questions can be directed by PM to me....thanks
I look forward to seeing you all there!!
The registration form can be found for download at;
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|