Wheres all the TNX's - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread
Old 01-26-2005, 06:40 PM   #1

Total Props: 0
Wheres all the TNX's

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Just want to shout out to all those who own the rocketship otherwise known as the TNX. I have 2 and 1 tore apart for spare parts, engine etc. I hope to see you guys with the TNX's out at the track this summer. If anyone does have one state your hop-ups(not that it needs any) except maybe shocks although mine hold up fine and I bash the hell out of my truck.
  Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-26-2005, 06:56 PM   #2
RCC Contributor

well, I'm on my second after a good friend saw my 1st one run and "convinced" me that I needed a new one so i could sell them that one. As for mods, I have:

1)Powerstroke shocks with the lower heatsink fins ground off like they advise on the TamiyaUSA website.

2) New Era centre skid plate and lower chassis rails. Adds a bit of weight but protection's worth it.

3) Proline 40 series tires and rims

4)OS 21 RG engine with HPI Savage header and pipe.

I have a hard time leaving anything stock.
Flyingblind is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-26-2005, 07:28 PM   #3

NICE!!!! I used to have the Powerstroke shocks but I traded them for a set of New INTEGYS(what a mistake!!) I am thinking about converting one of my TNX's to a big block using NEW ERAS 4mm chassis plate. I have been reluctant to add too much weight as it was designed to be light with a boatload of power. I hope to see it sometime or out at the track. I plan on appearing alot on SUNDAYS up in Hillsburgh and hopefully at the new King RC during the week on practice days.
Old 01-26-2005, 08:12 PM   #4
RCC Apprentice

I am just waiting for winter to be over.....haven't done any mods to my TNX except converted the exhaust to the rear.
dirtbuster is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-26-2005, 11:43 PM   #5
RCC Noob
I am: frank bonaiuto

i love mine only used it twice, as for mods

new era frame rails, centre skid plate, gmp side bulkhead plates, new era stiff springs, shock covers hummer body and looking to order some front rear skids and bumpers with some control arms

i also have a hard time leaving things factory but its so hard to find things for this monster...

really looking foward to racing it anwhere possible when it gets dry out....

oneqwkz is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-27-2005, 12:37 PM   #6

I definitly want to get the NEW ERA frame rails, are they heavy or a lightened aluminum?. Keep those TNX bodies on or at least TAMIYA stickers on any custom paint jobs. REPRESENT.
Old 01-27-2005, 05:33 PM   #7
RCC Master Contributor

i have a TNX, havent even started it yet, i have an ofna servo saver and proline velocity wheels, proline maxx bow tie tires, and powerstroke shocks.

Im looking forward to the track this year
imported_nitrocan is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-27-2005, 09:05 PM   #8

Sweet!! Bring that Bad Boy out nitrocan. This is what im talkin about..a TNX takeover of the local tracks this summer. You are in for a pleasent surprise once you race it on a track, I take mine to Florida when I go and race it on the tracks there and I must say based on its performance there and here(Hilllsburgh.....Great Track!!) I have no complaints just compliments!! There is a reason why rc/car action calls this the 'sleeper' truck in the MT class....that was until Jimmy Jacobsen and David Jun started tearing up California Tracks with it and the public realized how good a race truck it really is. Simple,light,powerful, and extremely durable. Tamiya outdid themselves on this truck.
Old 01-28-2005, 10:37 AM   #9
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
I think rcwhitby has one too...so you know that will be out and about there
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-28-2005, 10:48 AM   #10
RCC Apprentice

If any of you guys are after some aftermarket parts for the TNX, let me know. We have none in our repertoire right now...but only because we haven't got our hands on it yet. If anyone is interested in loaning a parts truck, or various parts, I can ty to put something together for you. Especially if it doesn't currently exist.

Let me know.
imported_buckrogers519 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.