|02-14-2005, 03:44 PM||#1|
RCC Master Contributor
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: William
Join Date: May 2004
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 2
Total Props: 0
XRAY T1FK05 Touring Car
Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Team XRAY is preparing to release the 5th generation of the venerable T1 competition electric touring car - the T1FK'05. This newest state-of-the-art machine features an entirely new chassis configuration that improve performance, increase the range of adjustments for more tuning options, and that make the car more user friendly. One of the most notable features of the new car is the battery configuration and position — a six-cell pack is mounted on the right side of the car instead of using a saddle pack. This is much more convenient for assembling and installing the packs in the car.
Another unique feature of the '05 machine is the adjustable diff height. The diff height can be adjusted when making roll center ad ride height adjustments to keep the driveshafts level for optimum efficiency, or the angle of the driveshafts can be manipulated to produce more or less rear bite under acceleration.
The final drive ratio is modified to a lower 1.7:1 from 1.777:1 in the previous FK model. It also comes with an 84T spur gear (112T in 64 pitch), which is a lot smaller than the 96T spur gear included with the previous model. This lowers the center layshaft for a lower center of gravity, and the car no longer needs really big spur gears at the upper limits of most gear manufacturers' product lines.
Woven graphite is used for the main chassis plate, upper deck and shock towers, while Swiss 7075 T6 aluminum is used for the bulkheads and motor mount. As always, the '05 includes Spring Steel ourdrives and CV driveshafts - lightweight aluminum axles are hard-anodized for increased durability. The suspension and many other major components are compatible with all versions of the XRAY T1, so older T1 cars can be gradually upgraded to the '05 specification.
New features of the T1FK '05
• Fully adjustable rear diff angle and height adjustment allows you to quickly dial in more or less traction.
• Unique front XRAY Multi-Diff functions as a one-way or a solid axle.
• Adjustable bellcrank post position to modify the Ackerman settings.
• Ultra-low center of gravity.
• New ultra-light 7075 T6 Swiss aluminum bulkheads with integrated belt tension adjustment.
• Narrow chassis for optimized weight distribution.
• 6-cell battery pack positioned on one side of the chassis.
• New super efficient 20T middle shaft pulley and 34T diff pulleys enable better belt wrapping for improved drivetrain efficiency.
• Previously optional aluminum roll center blocks included for more tuning options.
• Separate lightweight keyed motor mount produces a flex-free design.
WOW what a pice of kit!. OMG.
Thanks to rccaraction for the info and check out www.teamxray.com for more info
Sea Air and Land
|02-14-2005, 08:29 PM||#3|
I am: Chris Persyn
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Belle River
Total Props: 0
No.....not related companies....
It's like thining all 1/8 buggies are the same because the designs superficially look similar...
The differences are in the details
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|